My moms filling me with anger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My moms filling me with anger

My mother guilts me. She obviously buys me and gives me what I need but she’s very stressful. She likes to call me selfish and tells me to go to hell. I’ve tried to tell her many times how much she emotionally effects me and she dusts me off and calls me ungrateful and selfish. Now she’s starting to act toxic I feel like she works me way more then my brothers. If I don’t clean up the whole house my brothers mess up I get yelled and screamed at. She calls me nasty. She expects me to clean up every day after to school, on the weekends we don’t have a car therefore she makes me help her carry groceries. When I tell her i strain she yells at me and calls me weak and selfish. She doesn’t ask how my day is. She accuses me of being jealous, of her. I thought this was normal however I saw my friends with their mother. I feel distant from my mom we fight every day. My dad is really busy and my mom and dad are separated. I don’t know what to do at this point. I don’t wanna go to school because of her. And sometimes i feel suicidal because of her. Once she was wearing slides she bought for me last summer she called them ugly and I’ve been wearing them so has she. One day I wanted to wear them after she hogged them and she said no and called me selfish. She brought them to her work and kept them there. She steals my makeup and tells me how I look better with makeup after I said I don’t . And she has a toxic on and off realation ship with my brother. She always thinks she’s right and I’m over it. I’ve gone through sooo much stress and I’m only 13

Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline (NRS). From your post on our public forum board it seems like you are dealing with a tough situation at home. We hope that your day is going well and we are glad that you’ve reached out for support. Here at NRS we really want to help. You mentioned that your mom emotionally affects you by screaming and calling you selfish and does not realize how this makes you feel. If you are interested we offer conferencing calling here at NRS where you can conference call with you and your mom to facilitate a conversation between the both of you to let your mom know how this has been making you feel. If you are interested in our conference call service or want to talk through more options, you can also call us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

You also mentioned that you feel suicidal sometimes. Here at NRS, we want to help you think through things safely. If you haven’t in the past, you might want to also reach out to the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. It seems like this situation could be taking a toll on your mental health. If you feel like talking to a mental health professional that might help, you can search your city and state at www.findtreatment.samhsa.gov to find low to no cost mental health resources in your area. If you ever feel like you are in immediate danger please call 911.

Again, If you want to talk through your plans and other options, our hotline is available 24/7. You can call us any time at 1-800-786-2929 to talk of if you need resources or support. We hope to hear from you soon and wish you all the best.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X