No announcement yet.

Broken heart, need a change

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken heart, need a change

Im 20, female, and unfortunately need to run away from my life.
    I need a change of scenery, and to run away from my family that uses me, doesnt help me build for my futrue, and to run away from the people who are a constant threat to my safety at work and in my home.

I dont drive or have a car. I have a job and am still working to save up (have $1500 so far). I dont have out of state family or friends I could go to, so Im still trying to figure out where Id go.

I could just use some ideas. Would there be runaway shelters to help me get on my feet? How do those work? Ive tried all that I can think of to make my current situation work but it is going no where and Im getting more trapped. I want to escape, I just dont have much or know where to start.

Hey,
    Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re in a really tough position and it takes a lot of courage to look for a way out. You seem like you’re doing the best you can to make sure that you are safe and in a stable situation, which is great. You must be a really strong and resilient person.
    As far as finding a place to stay while you get on your feet, you might consider something like a transitional living program (TLP). These programs are long-term (somewhere between 4 months-a year or so) and help you develop skills you need to transition into adulthood. Another option you might consider is applying for a job elsewhere that might be able to provide housing (some examples of this are AmeriCorps programs or City Year) and a small stipend. If you wanna talk about the situation more specifically please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

it seems everyone sumerises that same message every time i talk about things... i just need help getting a job, an apartment and learning to drive, i also need a sensible soul to call friend and for that to be as far away from home as posible i am 21 my parents have broken my heart to the point of anxiety and depresion i am over weight since i eat emotionally, i really need to get away from them but everyone takes me for granted they dont help me, i have been to spoken therapy 3 times since high school i really need help. my best cualification for a job is being bilingual and well being used to hard work, i am really interested in home steading and it would be a miracle if some family of home steaders agree to help me learn and stay with them, while looking and asuring that they are not criminals...
      i know is too much to ask. think about it good souls are not so commom. i once saw a tv program on farms taking in kids to reform the so i have to be a delinquent to be able to get real help? also every other program thats free and grat is for either drug addigst alcoholics or foster care, yeah orphans are way bettter than me

Comment

Hi there,
        Thanks for reaching back out to us, we do have a more general responses/resoureces to forum post as we can only reply 2 times and really encourage a person to call into us at 1-800- RUNAWAY or log onto our chat that is open from 4:30 to 11:30 CST. You are going through a lot and seems overwhelming. We are here to support you the best we can over the forum platform. You mentioned a broken heart that has affected your mental health and have people are neglecting your needs. We are sorry to hear that and you don’t deserve that. www.samhsa.gov is a good resource for looking up Mental Health Services in your local area.
        It sounds like you have great skills and great work ethic. If you call in our reach out through our chat we can look into organizations that may be able to support you through your job search and has vocational skill building. Unfortunately, we don’t have any specific resources for teaching 20-year-olds how to drive.
        There are runaway shelters/TLP’s in our database that we can refer to you, but not on the forum for confidentiality reasons. We also don’t know how each resources would work as each one has various layouts, expectations, application process, and goals. If you get the opportunity to call in we can give you numbers and you can call out to each one to see what your experience might look like. One place you can look into for low-income housing opportunities is www.HUD.gov. I hope that in your journey along the way you find people in similar situations that can support you and you can call them a friend. Stay strong and wish you the best of luck!
        -NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X