Running away with bf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away with bf

me and my boyfriend have been in an LDR for a year now and we're taking it serious and I'm running away from home to be with him, he's going to get me in a few months, I'm kind of nervous he's a bit older than me so he has his own place and stuff I'm only 16 but he's the love of my life and when I'm 18 I want to come back home and hopefully have him meet my dad but I'm scared if I get reported and me and him won't be able to be together long. How do I make sure we stay under the radar?

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out, we know it is not always easy to ask for help, and it is very brave to do so. It is great that you are using all of the resources available to you so that you can make an informed decision on what to do.

We are not legal experts, but we can give you some general information about your situation. If you run away from home, your parents will most likely file a runaway report which means that if the police find you they will bring you back home. Anyone you stay with during this time can be charged with harboring a runaway and face serious consequences. If your boyfriend is over 18, it is possible that he can get into legal trouble because of his age and possibly be charged with kidnapping. You could try talking to him and your parents about these things to make sure that you will be safe if you leave and no one gets into any legal trouble when they do not have to.

Again, thank you for reaching out and if you have any more questions or just want to talk more, feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us through our website.

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X