Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend is giving birth soon. What should I do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend is giving birth soon. What should I do?

Hello everyone, I’m having a bit of a problem here. My girlfriend from Costa Rica is giving birth soon and I don’t really know what to do. No, the baby is not mine since we recently just met through a romance tour in her country, and the baby’s dad ran out on her.

Initially, I was thinking of sending her some money but a little voice inside my head is telling me to visit her personally. I’m sure she would be happy if I was by her side through the whole thing and meet her baby up close.

Even though we’ve only been in a relationship for a couple of months, I really do like her and would even consider adopting the child. So, what do you folks think I should do? Should I just contact with her online or should I book a ticket and head over there to support her in person?

I don’t want to seem like I’m taking things too fast. Besides, her family doesn’t even know about our relationship yet. It might seem awkward if I do show up. I’m so confused! Help me out here please!

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to NRS and sharing your story. It sounds like you have a lot to think about, but we’re here to help you any way we can. It’s good that you’ve been so supportive of your girlfriend. In times like these, it is important to listen to your heart, but also reason through your options carefully. It would help to ask your girlfriend what she thinks about you making the trip to visit – you could ask about meeting her family too. You could also continue thinking about how willing you are to adopt your girlfriend’s baby; having an open conversation with her about that option could be important for you both. Whether you decide to make the trip or not, it’s important that you’re open with your girlfriend about what you’re thinking. It is a lot to think about, but if you listen to yourself carefully, you will do the right thing.

And through everything, we will always be here to support and listen. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are confidential and will be willing to talk through what is going on and see how we can support you and your girlfriend.

Wish you the best
    -NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X