Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an answer

Hi , i just tunred 16 on April 12 ive recently got kicked out of my moms house . I had a fight with my older sister shes 22 . I moved out and i was living with my sister shes 28. i have a boyfriend and hes 19 i love him and god knows he loves me. Im not in school right now i would like to be but my mom is to busy with her life she hasnt signed me up , ive been kicked out of my moms house alot of times. I see my boyfriend often .. and he has problems at home too , he got kicked out and had no place to go so i gave him a place to lay his head for the night . I mean i couldn't leave him out in the street . He has very high blood pressure and i get very worried , my sister got mad at me for having him there and she also kicked me out. Were at his house now and nobody has called for me .. nobody is looking for me and they dont answer my texts.. i was wondering if he can be my legal guardian? He was there for me when i got into that really big fight with my 22 year old sister . He has a very well payed job and i would like to move in with him . Is it possible for him to be my legal guardian?

re: I need an answer

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been having a hard time with your mom and your older sisters. It is great that you have your boyfriend to help support you during these tough times.

It sounds like you are wanting to understand guardianship. Usually, your biological parent or parents are your legal guardians. Maybe your mom transferred guardianship to one of your sisters when you started living with them. The process of becoming a legal guardian involves the court system and it takes time. We are not legal experts, but if you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY we can provide a referral for legal aid in your area. They can help you determine what would be possible for your guardianship.

Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY; we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also chat with us at the National Runaway Safeline from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Time each day. Thanks for contacting us and we hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X