No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help

    I'm 17. I turn 18 in 8 days and my boyfriend turns 18 4 months after I do. But we want to get married before then. Does he have to have parental consent ?

  • #2
    re: Help

    Hey there,

    Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, it seems like you are going through a pretty tough time at this point of your life and we are glad that you are able to come to us. We want you to know that we are here to listen and to help you in the best way we can.

    Unfortunately, we are not legal experts here which means that we would not be able to accurately tell you if you were able to get married to your boyfriend while he is a minor. The best way you would be able to find out is if you were to contact your local court house and ask some general information about how to go about being able to marry without parental consent.

    If you have any other questions or would like us to potentially try and reach out to your local court house for you, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We would be more than happy to help you through this tough time and talk about some options. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

    Stay strong,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif