My friend is being abused by his Uncle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is being abused by his Uncle

I don't know what to do, I need help. I found a public website where this user is telling everyone about how he rapes and beats his nephew, it seems to be happening for a while, he even went as far as to tell everyone his Kik username so people can talk to him AND tell everyone where he lives. I reached out to the boy and he told me everything is true, apparently its his Uncle that's doing this to him, he's only 16 years old and has a serious heart condition, the stress of this is putting him in a life threatening situation. I told him to call the authorities but he won't, he's afraid to tell the police what happened and he's afraid his Uncle will go after him. He lives in another state, so what can I possibly do to save this poor boy?!

Hi,

It seems like you are worried for this young man who is possibly being abused by his uncle. That's a serious situation and it is understandable to be concerned. If you feel that he is in danger, and want to help directly, the police are the someone who can investigate the situation and keep him safe. You can also reach out to local child protective services as well. If you have all of that information about this man and his nephew online, you could probably give that information to the local police in their area and let them handle the situation. Hopefully they can get some help out to him right away.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X