X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: im pregnant. should i keep him or not?

Hello there –
    Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline on our public bulletin board. We understand that some situations are very stressful and scary, so we are always here to listen and here to help in any way that we can. From what we have read in your post, it certainly does sounds like a very scary situation that you’re in right now. We are very glad that you were able to reach out for help during this time of your life. That’s a very brave and mature thing to do. It sounds like things are getting to be a little overwhelming for you right now and you’re looking for some guidance.

First we would like to tell you didn’t deserve to be treated with disrespect by your boyfriend. No matter what happens between you two, you deserve to be treated with respect and love. If you feel that the relationship between you guys are not what it should be or something that you’re not comfortable with then you shouldn’t feel afraid to reach out to someone for help. Abuse in a relationship can be a scary thing and reaching out to people like family, friends, or other domestic violence agencies might help ease that feeling and lead you in the right direction.

Another thing that you have mentioned in your post is that your boyfriend is telling you that you should get rid of the baby if you’re pregnant, but you don’t feel totally comfortable with that option. You know your body the best and you have the only say on what happens and what you feel comfortable with doing. No one, your boyfriend, your family, you friends, can tell you otherwise. Going to get tested to find out for sure if you’re pregnant or not sounds like a great idea, but it also sounds like you’re going having second thoughts. Unfortunately, we don’t know too much about where and how you can get access to a pregnancy test. The only resources that we know of are going to be something like “Planned Parenthood” or your local free clinic. Perhaps talking or online chatting with someone might help answer some of those questions that you are having. Looking at their website it does state that they honor and protect patients’ privacy, confidentiality, and hold no judgment. If they will still contact your parents, they we are unsure of. If you want to call their hotline that can be reached at (1.800.230.7526) for Planned Parenthood and/or their online chat (http://www.plannedparenthood.org/hea...pregnancy-test).

Leave a comment:

• chicagoteen
    Guest started a topic im pregnant. should i keep him or not?

im pregnant. should i keep him or not?

hi im 16 years old and I am pregnant. well... I think I am. ive been having protected sex for about 7 months but recently my boyfriend all of a sudden said we should have a baby. I think hes saying that because his father passed away, and I guess he thinks a baby would fix his broken heart. anyways, I never completely agreed to it, but we ended up having unprotected sex. now I haven't had my period in 5 weeks. im so scared. my boyfriend doesn't physically abuse me, he mentally and verbally does. now hes telling me were too young and that he only wants to be with me not the baby, its just scary because I thought I could count on him. I mean, he is the father and like it or not he is going to have responsibilities. he tells me I should get rid of it, but then the next day he says that he cant wait to be a dad. like I don't know what to do. no body knows about this but him. I am pro life so I am not going to abort it. and there is no way im giving him up for adoption. I know imma keep him, but my head really does hurt when my boyfriend tells me these things, then I get regrets then I stress out. i love him but hate how he treats me. what I really want to do is get tested. I want to go to a pregnancy center to be 100% sure. but I don't know how much its going to cost, I don't know if its confidential, I don't know how long its going to take, its all so stressing to me. I don't want my parents finding out because if its a false alarm, they'll never be able to trust me again. is a pregnancy center confidential? would it cost a lot? would my parents find out if I go? will they call my parents if I am pregnant? I need to know.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X