Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away with my boyfriend

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 months and we have been through so much over these 5 months. His parents are real control freaks, they read his text messages, look at his pictures, just stuff like that and we text all the time and apparently we said something that his parents didn't like and they got really mad. Now he is not allowed to come to my house, they turned off his phone, he is not allowed to talk to me outside of school, and he is not allowed to take me to this big dance in a month. His parents are being really harsh and I'm really depressed over it, I don't want to only talk to him at school because we only have 1 class together and the teacher always seperates us so we never get to talk. We have been talking about running away, running anywhere as long as it's not near his parents. They are trying to seperates us and it's not right. I'm kinda scared to run away but I don't want to be without him

Re: I want to run away with my boyfriend

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a lot lately and we are sorry to hear about all of this. It has got to be really tough being so separated from your boyfriend by so many different people. We’re here to help you the best that we can.

It sounds like you care a lot about your boyfriend and you both have been through a lot. It has to be really tough only seeing him in school for one class, and hardly getting to talk and then not being able to communicate outside of that. Do you feel like there is any type of compromise that your boyfriend could reach with his parents regarding texting or seeing you, but less often? Sometimes it can be helpful to talk through difficult things with an unbiased third party. This could be a counselor, or even a friend or family member that is disconnected from the situation. If your boyfriend would like to explore counseling options, he can call us at 1800runaway and we can try to find local resources for him.

In addition to resources, we have a service here at NRS that is conference calling. If he wanted to call us, we could make a call out to one of his legal guardians to mediate and facilitate a conversation between the two of them.

We’re not here to tell anybody what to do. You know your situation better than we do. We just want to help keep you safe in whatever decision you make. With that being said, there are a few things that can be helpful to think about while making your decision:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
    What would make me stay at home?
    How will I survive?
    Is running away safe?
    Who can I count on to help me?
    Have I given this enough thought?
    What are my other options?
    If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
    When I return home, what will happen?

We’re here to help you and support you the best that we can. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through things further. We’re here to listen. Here to help.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X