• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod5
    replied
    re: advice

Hey there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like your relationship with your mom has been very tough and you would like it to improve. It must be hard for you to feel like your mom doesn’t understand. Moving to a new place can be difficult for anyone and it’s scary to be somewhere where you don’t know anyone. It’s understandable that you have strong feelings right now, as there is a lot happening in your life.

You mention that your friends cut themselves but that you haven’t. It is great that you have not injured yourself but it seems like you need to find a way to cope with what’s going on. You said if you did cut yourself you could kill yourself and we want to be sure you feel like you can talk to someone about how you’re feeling so that you can stay safe. The National Suicide Hotline can help you talk about how you’re feeling and can be reached at 1-800-273-TALK or online at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. You don’t have to go through this alone, there are people that want to help. You can always call us here to speak to someone directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY, or chat with us at www.1800runaway.org, and we can see what other options are available for you.

You also said that you’ve been bullied by your new classmates and that must make you feel awful. There are resources available to help you cope, such as: www.stopbullying.gov, www.netsmartz.org, www.pacer.org/bullying. Someone at your school may also be able to assist, perhaps a teacher you trust or a school counselor. If you were to run away, it’s considered a statutory offense and is only not legal if you are under the age of 18 in Georgia. In many cases when police find a youth whose run away, they will typically take them back home unless you were to bring up concerns about returning home.

Again, we’re really glad you connected with us. It takes a lot to reach out to others, especially when going through a difficult time. It’s good that you are figuring out your options. If you’d like to talk further about your situation, please don’t hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re all here to listen and help. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do.

Stay strong,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Advice

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    my mom never listens or talks to me when she does she either yells at me to go away or misunderstands and we moved to georgia and i hate it here kids are bullying me for no reason i am a nice quiet smart student but i have feelings all my frineds cut their selves i dont because if i do i know i will kill myself please help me someone. anyone!!
    -Running away is illegal in Georgia and you can get in to big trouble for it....

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    replied
    re: please help im 14 and want to run away

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation and we are here to help you in any way that we can. You mentioned that your mom does not listen to you and you feel like she misunderstands you. Have you told her how this makes you feel? You do not deserve to feel this way whatsoever. If talking to your mom about this is not an option is there anyone else you can discuss this with? If you want to call us we would be happy to talk to you about your situation.

It also sounds like you are feeling very overwhelmed. The National Suicide Hotline is a great resource for you to reach out too. Their number is 1-800-273-TALK. How long have you been feeling this way? You are not alone in this situation. It may seem frustrating because you just moved to Georgia but things do get better.

If you want to discuss more about what you can do about your situation we are available 24/7 to talk at 1-800-RUNAWAY or you can chat us from the hours of 4:30-11:30 pm CST. Please feel free to contact us and we are always here to talk.

Best of Luck,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic please help im 14 and want to run away

please help im 14 and want to run away

my mom never listens or talks to me when she does she either yells at me to go away or misunderstands and we moved to georgia and i hate it here kids are bullying me for no reason i am a nice quiet smart student but i have feelings all my frineds cut their selves i dont because if i do i know i will kill myself please help me someone. anyone!!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X