Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torn💏💔

My boyfriend and I met in the Fall of 2012. We've been together ever since- that is, secretly. Long story short we're the modern day romeo and Juliet. Even with the circumstances we were determined to make it work even if he was a little older. He was your typical "pretty boy", talked to a lot of girls, and was always with his boys. I on the other hand was a goody good, straight A student, who never bent the rules. He somehow changed me. Everything revolved around us, I stopped hanging out with my girls and I would always sneak out to see him. The first couple months were fun, even if he was still "messing around" I don't know why it didn't even bother me, but looking back I would not stand that BS now. Lol. We were suppose to have a kid together and everything but I had an abortion because we both couldn't support ourselves let alone a kid! As I said before there were circumstances, which did not allow us to see or be together. I couldn't stand that fact so I ran away with him. He was my first real relationship and we were both each other's longest relationships. I was never the jealous type until he started doing things that made me not trust him. Not like cheat or anything, but like chitchat with girls in social media or like their pics. And even though is was the past it has always effected the way I trust him now. And he wonders why I have "trust issues" I can say he's changed now but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "does he think that girl is prettier?" or "what's he doing at work?" and I can't help it!! He says I should trust him, which I do..it's these girls I don't trust. What should I do??? I want to stop thinking so negative, because it's taken a toll on my happiness and my mental state. I feel like I'm crazy sometimes, crying out of nowhere and just coming at him because of these thoughts !! Sorry I was rumbling the first couple of sentences In the beginning lol I just wanted you to know a little about myself

Re: Torn

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have been going through a lot of emotions regarding your boyfriend and we are really glad that you have contacted us. We're here to help you in any way that we can.

You have shared a lot here. It sounds like your boyfriend is really someone that means a lot to you, and you feel very strongly about him. It is good to know that you have been able to find this with someone. You shared that he has not cheated on you, but some of the things he does make you question your trust for him. One option might be to talk more with him about what exactly makes you feel this way, and see if there is any compromise you both can reach that would set both of you at ease.

From what you've said, it seems like even though you are sure your boyfriend has changed, your emotions feel out of control. When you start worrying or feeling jealous, is there anything that has worked for you in the past to help you feel better? Some people find that things like taking a walk, writing in a journal, listening to music, or talking to a friend help them when their emotions feel overwhelming. You might be able to try a few different things to find out what works for you.

If you need someone to talk to but don't quite have a friend you can trust entirely, we're always here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) and we're anonymous and confidential.

Good luck and stay safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X