Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Know Where To Go

The title is self explanatory, but I need guidance on how to put myself in a better situation than what I am in. I am currently 18 years old, still in high school and living with my boyfriend and a couple of friends. I have to find a new place to live but I am out of options on where to go. For background information, I moved out of my mom's house in December because of the ongoing abuse that I was facing. Upon moving out, it complicated the situation for my mom and she lost her standing and has ended up homeless now, so going back home isn't really an option now that I have no home to go back to. For the past months I have lived with my boyfriend and few friends we have been constantly fighting and it is clear that our relationship is irreconcilable. I am currently looking for somewhere to stay, but I don't know any options I have as I will be moving away for college in August. Are there any shelters I might have access too or places for situations like this? Or what options do I have?

Hello, Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are living with your boyfriend but things are just not working out as you hoped. You mentioned that you are not going to be able to move back in with your mother due to her having housing issues. Since you are interested in moving out on your own we can try to look into transitional living programs. TLP’s are programs that house people for an extended period of time and while the person is enrolled in the program they are taught valuable life skills such as money management and life skills. Some even help with locating employment or educational resources. The only thing that might be an issue for you and these programs is the fact that they are such desirable programs that typically there are wait list to get accepted into them. Also most of them have require you to be enrolled for an extensive amount of time the minimum that we know of being 6 months. If this still sounds like something that you would be interested in you are more than welcome to give us a call and we can look into them with you.
    An alternative to that is going into a basic needs shelter. These are shelters that are more short term for people in need. They usually have lower requirements to enter since most of them are first come first serve. If you would like to talk more about theses, you are more than welcome to give us a call
    Again, thank you for reaching out to us. We hope you found this information insightful. If you would like us to look into anything for you please give us a call
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X