Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know what to do

Hi, i'm 19 and i met a girl in highschool who was 17 and we hit it off really well and we both feel we found who we could spend our life with but she lives in a bad household and hates it and recently ran away ive been told not to help her and lost all support from my grandparents who i live with because i could go to jail for helping her or worse her parents think i know where she is but i honestly dont and are wanting to press charges and both families are trying to get us to split up but i cant do that im certain that shes the one im getting to the point where i just wanna runaway so i can be with her

Hi #1, first of all thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a really tough time and it’s great that you are reaching out to better understand what options you have. You mention that your girlfriend has run away and you don’t know where she is and that you want to runaway with her. Because you are 19 and your girlfriend is still legally a minor if you live with her you could be charged with harboring a runaway. If you want to know more about how that works you should contact your local police department and ask them hypothetically how they handle that situation to see what legal trouble you could get in. It’s important that you and your girlfriend are safe and that you don’t get into legal trouble, so asking the police questions might be helpful in better understanding your options. If you want anymore help with finding shelters or getting more support for yourself or your girlfriend feel free to call us back at 1-800-RUNAWAY we are available 24/7. We wish you good luck with everything!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X