Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont want to be send away

a lot of things has happened in the last few days. I seriously don't want to continue going to school anymore. im 16 and im real tired of not the actual "getting an education" part, but as we all now going to high school we have to go through a lot of drama and I am tired of it. I might flunk this year already because of all the days I've missed. I know its my fault I didn't go to school before, but I actually tried my best the rest of the school year because I realized I needed to change myself to change my future for the better. its too late, and my parents are furious. extremely furious. they are now planning on sending me somewhere where I cant leave but forcefully have to stay there because I am 18. I don't want that at all. I already tried talking to my parents, but they're old school. a child's opinion is dumb, and whatever they say goes. I feel like its prison. they make me feel like I am a bad person, but I know I am not! I don't want to go there. my plan was to runaway with my boyfriend and live with him, that's why I wrote to you before, and thank you because that helped me a lot. I was considering staying but im too scared they're going to send me over there. its out of my control now. its not an option to go to that place where they're sending me. I know I have to leave now, but I want to do it the safest way possible. can you please give me any ideas on what important things to bring, and some guidelines on how to be on your own in general. I just want to live in peace and stop all this drama. thank you so much.

re: i dont want to be send away

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have been going through a lot. You’ve been having difficulties in school, and you feel like your parents won’t listen to you. It sounds like your parents have made you feel like you’re a bad or troubled person – it’s great to hear that you know you aren’t. We don’t think you’re bad either. And now you feel like your only option is to run away. This must be stressful for you, but we are here to help.

Our main concern would be to ensure your safety no matter what you decide to do. You said you want to just live in peace. That’s certainly understandable. In order to make that happen, there are some things you may want to think about before leaving your parents. How will I survive in terms of food and money? How will I handle transportation? What happens if someone approaches me on the street? Will I continue to go to school? You mentioned your plan was to stay with your boyfriend. How long would you be able to stay for? If you could only stay for a limited amount of time, where else could you stay? You may also want to bring a cell phone in order to be contacted by people you trust and to contact anyone for help if need be.

Hopefully thinking through these questions will help you in developing a solid plan and a way to stay safe.

We can also provide you with resources for shelters if you need a place to stay and counseling services if you feel like that would be helpful for you with talking to your parents. If you would like those resources or would want to talk more about anything, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are anonymous and confidential and here 24/7. You can also chat with us at http://www.1800runaway.org/ from 4:30PM to 11PM CST.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X