Running away with girlfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away with girlfriend

My girlfriend attend a small private Christian school together, both in 10th grade. Recently we went to the computer lab to do some research for another class and ended up making out because besides the teacher we were the only two there. Our friends came upstairs after the lunch period ended and asked where we went. We told them what happened and they told us that there is a camera in the room. Right now we don't know if anyone has seen the footage, if anyone was monitoring it at the time, and don't know if we were even in range of the camera. Right now we're still both extremely nervous, because if we got caught, we would be separated completely. Her parents don't know that we're dating because they don't want her to have a boyfriend yet, and my parents don't know we get sexual. If we're caught, we would be separated, and so the only solution I see is to run away from home with her. I'm in love with this girl, and I want to stay with her. But if we run away I wouldn't know where to go and I would be worried about her safety. Any ideas on where to go that we would be safe?

RE: Running away with girlfriend

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and it sounds like this is really stressful situation you’re dealing with. It can be pretty scary to not know if people are aware of your situation and to feel that you were in the wrong somehow. It sounds like it’s upsetting you a lot and we’re sorry you’re having to go through this.

So it sounds like you’re talking about leaving home with your girlfriend but you’re not sure about where to go and want to be safe while doing that. While we don’t tell you what to do or not do, there are a couple things you might want to think about before you decide to leave. Do you feel like you want to leave before your parents find out about your relationship? Do you think it’s realistic they will find out? Is there anyone else you can talk to about this situation? It’s definitely understandable you are nervous about everything and you’re parents finding out but do you feel like if they find out your only option is to leave?
    These are just some questions to think about when deciding what is best for you.

Lastly, think about friends or family you may be able to stay with to stay safe with if you decide to leave. One resource that might be helpful for you where you can get some more information about sex and what supportive sexual relationships look like is www.sexetc.org. They also have a place there were people share their stories - someone might have a similar experience to what you and your girlfriend are going through. We are also here for support and can provide you with shelters if you need it but we don’t have your city and state so you would have to call us or chat us for that. We are 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY or you can chat us from the hours of 4:30 PM-11:30 PM at www.1800RUNAWAY.org.

Best of Luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X