How will I know when I'm ready?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I know when I'm ready?

I am almost 18 years old and my boyfriend is almost 17. We have been dating for almost 6 months. We love each other very much and plan on getting married in the future. He says he will wait to have sex with me until I am ready, whether that is tomorrow or our wedding night. I think I may be ready right now since my feelings for him are very strong, but I am not sure because I haven't been faced with the situation. For all I know, I may get incredibly nervous like I tend to do in intense situations and I'll stop him right before the fact. How will I know I am ready to be intimate with my boyfriend?

Re: How will I know when I'm ready?

Hi there,

Thank you so much for contacting us here at National Runaway Safeline. It can be really hard to reach out in difficult times but we are glad that you did. We are here to help you out as much as we can.

So it sounds like you have really great support from your boyfriend and you guys care about each other a lot and that is really good to hear. It is really nice that he is not pressuring you into doing anything when you are not entirely ready, it sounds like he has been really respectful in that regard.

You asked us how you will know when you are ready to be intimate with your boyfriend and we are glad to know that you have been thinking this through, it is a big decision to make. We want to let you know we are not specifically trained in sexual education, but we would like to provide you with a few different resources that might be able to help you in making your decision:
    Loveisrespect.org
    Sexetc.org

Here at National Runaway Safeline, we are nondirective. That means that we are not going to tell you what to do because you know your situation better than we do. We are just here to help you work through all of your options as well as provide helpful resources to you, and make sure you are safe in everything you decide. With that being said, do you have a plan to practice safe sex if you do decide this is the right time? If you need any help in deciding how to be safe, you can call the Planned Parenthood (800) 230 7526.

It sounds like you think you might be ready but are still unsure, and that is okay. We are here 24/7 at 1800runaway, and our services are anonymous and confidential. If you would like to talk more with us, we are here to support you. Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X