Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im 15 and thinking of running away. Should I?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 15 and thinking of running away. Should I?

Hello, I'm a 15 year old girl. I can handle my family anymore. Both of my parents try to make me the responsible around here. I live with then in New Mexico . My boyfriend lives in Denver, Colorado and he said I could move in if I really wanted too. We've been together for a year 4 months now. He's 21. I know its illegal but to me age shouldn't matter. I just want to be happy. I want to be able to make my own decisions in life.. I talked to my mom recently and she didn't take it well. She said that if I left she would report my boyfriend since he's 21. I dot want to get him in trouble. But I also want to be with him. I really want to leave my house. I've gone through so much with my mom and my step dad. 10 years actually and Im tired of it . I want to go away . What should I do ?

Re: Im 15 and thinking of running away. Should I?

Hello –

Thank you so much for reaching out and sharing a bit about your situation. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and really fed up with everything going on at home. You mentioned that you live with your family but you would like to live with your 21 yrs. old boyfriend but you are also concerned that he would get in trouble. It’s good that you have such a good support in your boyfriend and it’s good you are thinking about all of these things before leaving. The tricky thing is at 15 you are still considered a minor so if you left your parents would have the right to make a runaway report. That could put your boyfriend in a tough spot because he is technically an adult and could get in trouble for harboring.

In the end we can’t make this decision for you but we are always here to listen and here to help. We would be happy to talk through this situation with you and even find helpful resources in your area. Our services are confidential and anonymous and there is always someone here to support you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X