• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod11
    replied
    re: running away to join my girlfriend

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us, it sounds like you are going through a pretty frustrating time right now. I'm sorry to hear that your parents aren't supportive of you being with someone who you care about so much.

Have you tried talking to your parents about how you've been feeling? It seems like that would be a really hard conversation, but might be worth having before making a decision to completely leave home. If you were to consider talking with them, maybe having an adult, who supports you and your significant other and who your parents respect, come with to help you out would make you feel more comfortable. Or even trying to find a supportive adult or just a friend to talk to about everything could make the situation a little more bearable.

However, if you two were to runaway together, have you thought about where you might go and how you would support yourselves? It's important that you keep yourself safe no matter what you decide to do. So, if you ever needed help finding a shelter or resources, or just needed to talk about everything that's been going on, we are here 24/7 and can call shelters and other resources for you. We can also just chat and come up with a plan for if/when you leave, or if you decide not to leave, how you could talk to your parents or keep yourself safe and happy until you are in an age and position to leave home with their permission.

We also have a live chat 4:30pm-11:30pm CST that you can access through our website, 1800runaway.org or, as mentioned, you can call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are totally confidential and anonymous and would really love to talk with you about what's going on and try to help.

Best of luck to you,

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic running away to join my girlfriend

running away to join my girlfriend

I have not runaway but weve been considering leaving our homes and making a life for ourselves. We love each other but our parents would never let us be together.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X