Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girlfriend and I

Okay so I just turned 16 and live in Texas and my girlfriend(whom I've been talking to for awhile) is 15 and lives in Illinois. We really want to see eachother and she is willing to drive and get me and then I could love with her and her mom, as she would let us. The problem being I don't know about my parents or what to tell them and how much trouble I could get into. When I was around 5 I "ran away" and walked around my neighborhood and my parents called the police and they probably would do so now, unless I leave a note.
    I just really want this to happen but i am kind of scared/worried about the consequences. Do y'all have any advice or recommendations?

Girlfriend and I

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway safeline.
    It sounds like you are faced with a tough dilemma and that you are also worried about any consequences you or others (your girlfriend and her mom) might face by helping you to run away.

It might help to know more about the situation you are going through at home .
    What is the reason you feel that leaving home has become an option?
    It's good that you are taking the time to think things through having someone to talk to about it might help as well. Perhaps you might consider calling our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) 24hr crisis line to express your thoughts to one of our crisis liners. Talking things through might help to explore your situation more and look at other possibilities for options.
    Seeking outside help is something that might be an option to consider there may be counseling services in your area NRS can refer you to. Counseling is a tool many use to discover skills for coping with situations one might face.
    How does that sound?

NRS has live chat via our website: www.1800Runaway.org from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST) you can choose to discuss things here as well.

Good for you in taking a step and contacting NRS very good job indeed.
    We hope you continue to look for positive ways to express your feelings NRS is her to listen should you decide to call.

Thanks again for contacting NRS.
    Take Care
    ccsmod4
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 08-27-2014, 02:24 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X