Want to run away to see boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to run away to see boyfriend

I'm 16 and I have an 18 year old boyfriend. We both live in america but he's a few states away. We've dated for 2 months but his phone broke and I haven't spoken to him in over a week and I'm literally going crazy without him. We didn't break up but his phone broke and I don't want to wait too long or he might get another girlfriend. I really want to run away and go see him but there are so many things that could go wrong. I could get lost because I don't know his address just his town name, I don't have the money to drive down there, but I think I know how to get some. The problem is if I just knew where he actually lived, and thinking of what my parents would do. They're definitely try to find me, but my home life isn't great either. My parents fight every single night about stupid things and they don't appreciate me, they like my sister more. They never let me go anywhere or do anything I want to and I'm a good kid. I do good in school, I don't do drugs, smoke, drink, party or anything like that. But they have no idea I ever had a boyfriend so they wouldn't know where I would be. I just feel like no one here appreciates me and my boyfriend loves me and will take care of me if I could just get to him. So I guess what I'm looking for here is how can I do this without getting lost or caught and brought back home?

Re: Want to run away to see boyfriend

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We are here to help you the best that we can with the information that you provide us about your situation. You’ve shared a lot here, and it sounds like you’re really trying to find the best plan. We don’t give advice here at National Runaway Safeline, we just remind you of all your options and try to work out a plan that will best keep you safe; safety is always essential.

It sounds like you care a lot about your boyfriend and that he has provided you a lot of support while you have been having issues with your parents. We’re happy to hear that someone is supporting you. You also brought up his phone breaking. Is there another way that you can get in contact with him, maybe via social media or a friend’s cell phone?

You shared some worry that he will find another girlfriend. While it is understandably not a pleasant thing to have on your mind, have you given any thought to how things would end up if you were to go to his town, and he was dating someone else?
    You expressed some understandable concerns about getting lost without knowing his exact address. Like we stated previously, we don’t give advice or tell you what to do one way or another-you know your situation best. We do have a few questions regarding these concerns, though: Have you considered safety in this plan? If you were not able to find your boyfriend, do you know of friends that you could stay with for shelter? We have a large database of resources that we can provide to any caller, including shelters, and we would be happy to assist you with shelter phone numbers or any other resources you may need. You could also just call in to discuss your plans further and we could provide you with more specific information to your situation.

Our hotline is 1 800 RUNAWAY (786 2929) and it is 24/7, confidential and anonymous. We also have chat open from 4:30pm to 11:30pm Central Standard Time that you can access through our website.
    We want you to be safe in everything that you do, and hope to hear from you again soon!

Good Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected]away.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

The only way we had to contact was through his phone hut I regret not getting his email or something. My big question is, since im 16 and if I do it can I legally be brought back/jailed, etc?

Comment

RE: Want to run away to see boyfriend

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us. You asked if you could be made to go home or go to jail for running away. If you run away, the police can search for you, take you into custody, and make you go back home. You would probably not be charged with a crime just for running away. However, if your boyfriend takes you in, he could face criminal charges for harboring a runaway. You might also keep in mind that you can be arrested for loitering, vagrancy, or breaking curfew in many areas if you don't have somewhere to go at night. If you don't have a plan for where you will go or how you can find your boyfriend once you get there, this could be an issue. If you can't contact him, how can you be sure that he will have a place for you to stay, or that he will be able to take care of you? These are a couple of things to keep in mind as you make your plans. While we aren't here to tell you what to do and we can't make these decisions for you, we are here to talk about your options and help you make a safe plan. Also, if things don't end up the way you hope for and you need shelter, or a way back home, or help calling your folks, we can help you with that. Call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) any time or chat with us on www.1800RUNAWAY.org every day between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST if you need help.

Best of luck,

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

[email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X