Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my boyfriend is in rehab and it's getting harder

Hello I hope u can help me as youv been giving great advice to others, iv been with my boyfriend nearly 7 months and he's going into his second month of rehab, at first I was told it's only a 3 month programme and now it's a 5 month programme and his family knew but didn't want to say it to me. Wev been getting on good I get a phone call for 15mins every Saturday but I'm not aloud visit, he sounds so positive about our relationship in the letters but in just afraid incase when he comes out his feelings will change with me. He says he's gone to rehab to change his life for himself and our future together but I'm just so lonely and lost without him I'm only 18 and I would never of thought I would have to go through this ever!!

He has been so brave but when he was doing the drugs he also cheated on me on night and I know myself that he was sorry because he he was devastated he keeps saying we can't bring focus on the past but I'm not over it because I never got the chance to be angry and him I'm so mad and hurt, and to make it worse I have to lie to my dad about him saying his gone to work up their country other wise my dad wouldn't be happy about our relationship, also my sisters know about him and they are non stop calling him a scumbag and it kills me because he's up there doing the right thing and there judging him they don't know him, my heart is shattered I have no support whatsoever!! What am I ment to do, because he's in there until Christmas

Comment

RE: my boyfriend is in rehab and it's getting harder

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are having a really hard time being separate from your boyfriend while he is in rehab. It sounds like you miss your boyfriend, but you are also still upset and hurt because he broke your trust when he cheated on you, and you do not have anyone to talk to about it. That sounds really tough. One thing to keep in mind is that if your partner is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs, they are still responsible for their actions. Now that your boyfriend is focusing on his recovery in rehab, it looks like you will only get to talk to him for 15 minutes a week for the rest of the year. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can, and we might be able to help you find resources. Having someone to talk to could be a way to focus on helping yourself while your boyfriend is focusing on his recovery. One resource that might be useful is www.loveisrespect.org, a website about healthy relationships. You can also call us any time you want to talk. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
      x
      x
      Working...
      X