No announcement yet.

help please.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod5
    Re: help please.


    Thanks for reaching out. Your situation isn't that far outside of the scope of ways we advocate for people so here are some ideas and resources that might be helpful.

    A good resource for affordable housing and rental assistance is this governmental website:
    State Information Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico / Virgin Islands Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming

    Go ahead and select your state from that list and follow needs and resources accordingly.

    We're not sure what state you're in but try going online a typing "(state) Student Financial Assistance" and you might find some organizations that advocate for young folks trying to get advice on FASFA applications.

    If you'd like to explore this some more please call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We're anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. We're here to listen, here to help.


    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic help please.

    help please.

    i need help with getting government aid. i've bounced around since i was 14, from living with my mom to my dad to my grandma to my uncle to my moms friends house, and now i live with my bf and his mom and sister. my parents both have substance abuse problems and are unemployed. my mom got evicted when i was 14 so i was forced to find somewhere else to go, my dad kept stealing from me, so i couldnt live there, my grandma cant afford me.. i make 11.60 an hour as a cna, but that isnt enough money to support myself. im going to college soon & have to move out of my bf's families house, and get my own place, i cant afford to pay for everything. my bf is about to get his associates degree so we have to move away so he can attend a four year college, while i attend a community college neraby. my bf wont be able to find a job untill his felon is off his record in the summer of 2015.i def, cant support the both of us. i really need help. i need help finding low income apartments, getting food stamps/link card, and help with fasfa for college. i need help with somewhere cheap to live,idk if this website will help me with that stuff, but please and thank you!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp