Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend ranaway

Hi. I'm sixteen goin on seventeen and well my boyfriend ranaway from his home. I compleatly understand why and am glad he's or of the house I just wish he would have tried sticking it out a little bit longer. I just really need some advice on how to cope with the knowledge tgat I probably wont hear from him for a year and I really care for him. Also, what should I do if he does contact me before he's eighteen in exactly a year? I don't want to get him caught or anything, and I know he's smart enough not to show up at my house until he is eighteen. Also, what happens to the runaway charges once he his eighteen? Please help in whatever ways you can.

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us a bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a difficult spot right now and it’s great that you have contacted us for assistance. Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are not legally trained so we can’t say for sure what would happen if your boyfriend were to show up at your house but we can definitely try to give you an idea of what could happen. We can also try to find you some resources that may be able to help both of you out.

It sounds like your boyfriend left home recently and while you are glad that he left, you are also concerned about not being able to talk with him for over a year. Can you tell us more about what caused him to leave home? It seems as if you really care about him and want the best for him; we are sorry that you’re going through this right now. Unfortunately, we can’t tell you how to cope through this because everyone uses different techniques. Some things that sometimes work are journaling about your feelings or drawing. What are some things that make you feel better when you are feeling stressed or down?

You asked about what you should do if he were to contact you because you don’t want for him to get caught or get into trouble. Again, we can’t tell you for sure what to do but do you think anyone would know if he reached out to you? You may be able to stay in contact with him during the year but we can’t say for sure what would happen if he did reach out to you.

Again, we aren’t legally trained but it is our understanding that once a youth turns 18, any runaway reports that were filed would be considered closed or dropped. Usually, 18 is the age that a youth is considered to be an adult and running away is something you can’t do while a minor.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth in crisis. You or your boyfriend can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to talk more about what’s going on or to try finding resources that may be able to help him out; we have a database of resources for youth such as legal aid, counseling or shelters. Our toll free hotline is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) but we also have online chat services available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week and those are located on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X