Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have NO IDEA What To Do

Firstly, I'm very new to this site. I actually just found it and if I'm doing this wrong, please correct me and tell me how to do this right. I've had terrible luck with navigating forums in the past. Now on to my issue:

My boyfriend is 19 and I turned 16 in November. To make a long story short, after a sudden almost 2 month hiatus from our relationship, he texted me. In the text he apologized for his behavior and claimed to want to make it up to me and that he wanted to see me again. I immediately took him back because in my eyes he hasn't really wronged me in any way. He later told me that he'd gotten arrested during his family trip to PA and that his truck had been reported stolen, which is why he was missing for around 2 months.

I told my mother the day he texted me and she was hesitant to give me any type of response. A few days ago, my boyfriend and I were planning to go to a concert. I asked my mother if we could go out of courtesy and she literally took all day to finally tell me no. After crying and not sleeping for 3 straight days I asked her why. She told me that since I'm a minor and since my boyfriend doesn't make the best life choices, if something bad happened to an extent where the police would have to be involved, both he and she would go to jail.

My mother also said that she thinks my boyfriend is lying about his afore-mentioned 2 month absence. I, however, believe him wholeheartedly, not only because he's my significant other, but also because I highly doubt that ANYONE would lie about where they were for 2 whole months!

I personally think she's just trying to save her own ass and doesn't want me to have sex with him anymore rather than thinking of my safety/happiness. However it seems that the people on this site are very helpful, and so I hope you can give me some useful advice.

Thank you, and please help.

Re: I Have NO IDEA What To Do

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re looking for supportive services. We’re trying to figure out what kind of advocacy and support you’re seeking. The best way for us to be advocates for you is to know more about your situation and talk back and forth. And that can better be done with a phone call.

If you’re willing and able, please call us at 1800-RUANWAY (786-2929). We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24/7. We’re here to listen, here to help.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X