Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking of sneaking out to see my boyfriend

I've been talking to this kid since October (January now) we hit it off and we really like each other but he's 17 and I'm 14. he's a junior and I'm a freshman. the first time we started talking and almost went out we stopped because we had different opinions on relationships. he said he thinks sex in a relationship is vital and I'm afraid because I'm so young and he's not a virgin. I don't want to have sex with him and we quit talking after that. we started talking again and his views and mine still haven't changed. I told him I was willing to meet him halfway as long as he knows where I stand with sex. the most I would do to him would be a handjob most likely. (I'm afraid of him trying to do anything to me though) I really need advice on that and this; he always wants to hangout and so do I, but he hasn't met my parents/grandparents yet and if they meet him and realize he's so much older than I am, they won't let me see him. I really really like him. and I want to hang out with him but how do I do that without my parents finding out? or how can I make them like him or make them meet each other?

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation right now and it was very brave of you to contact us. Hopefully we can provide you with some resources that may be able to help you out.

It sounds like you have started talking with a boy you go to school with and it sounds like you have a good relationship with him but you also have some concerns about where your relationship with him is headed. It’s great that you told him your views on sex and that you aren’t ready to have it. It also sounds like he was respectful of that which is great. When you told him that you would meet him halfway, what was his reaction to that?

It also sounds like you are concerned about how your family will react when they meet him and realize that he is older than you. Do you feel comfortable with either of your parents or grandparents that you could talk with them about your relationship with him before introducing them? That may be a good way to break the ice between everyone.

Again, it’s great that you have contacted us and please, keep us in mind if you need to talk more or if you would like some resources. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our online chat services from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST); that can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Originally posted by ccsmod2 View Post
      Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation right now and it was very brave of you to contact us. Hopefully we can provide you with some resources that may be able to help you out.

It sounds like you have started talking with a boy you go to school with and it sounds like you have a good relationship with him but you also have some concerns about where your relationship with him is headed. It’s great that you told him your views on sex and that you aren’t ready to have it. It also sounds like he was respectful of that which is great. When you told him that you would meet him halfway, what was his reaction to that?

It also sounds like you are concerned about how your family will react when they meet him and realize that he is older than you. Do you feel comfortable with either of your parents or grandparents that you could talk with them about your relationship with him before introducing them? That may be a good way to break the ice between everyone.

Again, it’s great that you have contacted us and please, keep us in mind if you need to talk more or if you would like some resources. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our online chat services from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST); that can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
      when I told him about meeting him in the middle, he said he doesn't know what I mean. so that conversation ended there.i feel comfortable with my mom but I rarely see her. I'm with my grandma more and I'm nervous about how she will react. thank you for answering I feel a lot better about it now.

Comment

RE: I'm thinking of sneaking out to see my boyfriend

Hello again,

We are glad that you are feeling better. Sounds like you are in a pretty tough situation, so please don't hesitate to call if you need to talk. It can be difficult to talk about boundaries with someone who you really like, and even more difficult to make sure that the guy you like respects your boundaries about sex. Since you said you feel most comfortable with your mom, maybe next time you see her the two of you can talk about this. And if you have any more questions or just need to talk, give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can.

Best of luck,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X