Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My mother wont let me visit my boyfriend...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother wont let me visit my boyfriend...

So I'm 17 and I have been going out with my boyfriend for 4 months now and we really want to meet up, he lives in Manchester and I live in Scotland. However my mother really doesn't want me to go down as she thinks it will be unsafe and that all I will be going is having sex with my boyfriend or getting up to some trouble...I told her that she could trust me and I wouldn't do anything stupid but she doesn't believe me. I also asked a friend to come down on the coach withe me and she said she would and that she has friends down Manchester so I wouldn't be going alone, yet my mum still wont be convinced, I do understand why she is doing this to a certain extent but I feel like she is being to overprotective of me and not letting me have much freedom, I thought maybe if she let me go down with a friend she would feel better (my friend has been down to Manchester many times so she knows her way around) But no...She I don't think she trust my boyfriend for some reason, I don't know why though because many people have said he is a nice and great guy...I just really need help in trying to convince her to let me go...

Also on a side now, ever since I got a boyfriend she has been checking my texts on my phone without my permission and been looking in my skype...I know she is trying to look out for me buts its getting to out of hand...I hope you could give me advice please...thankyou

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are having a difficult time with your mom and we are sorry to hear that but it’s great that you are reaching out for support. Hopefully we can help you explore some options and resources.

It sounds like you have been dating your boyfriend for 4 months now and you would like to go visit him in Scotland but your mom is reluctant to let you go. It sounds like she is concerned about your safety in going so you offered to take a friend with you but she is still not allowing it. We are sorry to hear that and it sounds like you do understand where she is coming from. Have you tried to talk with her about how you are feeling? If you are planning on doing that, it sometimes helps to write down what you would like to say.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a crisis line for runaway and homeless youth but our hotline works predominately within the United States so that’s what our resources are for but there are a few located within the United Kingdom.

Get Connected: 08088084994 or www.getconnected.org.uk
    NSPCC/Childline UK: 0800 1111 or www.childline.org.uk

Thank you so much for reaching out to us and we do wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks

Hey thankyou for replying back to me My boyfriend actually lives in Manchester and I'm the one who lives in Scotland haha, but yes I did try to tell her how I felt but she didn't really care...It was mainly about how she felt and that she doesn't want me to go in case something happens...however she wasn't saying no she was just unsure if she wants me to go or not so I'll have to wait and see...

Comment

My Mother won't let me visit my boyfriend

You are very welcome!
        Good Luck,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Maybe you should disobey if it's that bad but you should really talk to her about having privacy and letting you live life and have freedom while still caring about you I am also dealing with a situation similar to yours

Comment

Re: My mother wont let me visit my boyfriend...

Hello,
            Thank you for using our bulletin. We here at NRS do not have the same view on the situation but thank you for giving your advice on the situation. You mentioned having a talk with your mom, perhaps you can consider using our conference calling service, this is a service where you would call us and we would hold a conference call between you and your parents to talk about how both sides are feeling. We would serve as mediators, we are not here to necessarily choose sides but rather help come up with a solution that would make the situation at home better. This might be helpful to you if you have concerns about your mother not listening or not being open to hear what you have to say.
            If you would like to use this or any of our services please feel free to give us a call 1-800-RUNAWAY

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X