STRESSED

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRESSED

Lately, my life's been extremely complicated. I've been under so much stress because of school, friends, and issues at home. On top of that, one of my best friends is going through stuff in her house, so I'm constantly thinking about that as well.

I've also been contemplating suicide. I haven't really told any of my friends or family about it yet, but one of my friends might know. I was talking to him about pills, and I even went as far as to do research to see if I could fatally OD on them. When I told him I couldn't, I kind of said it as a joke (though I wasn't really joking), and he asked me if I was planning to fatally OD. All I said was maybe, and he said he was disappointed in me. Further, I'm afraid that I may turn back to self-injury, and I don't want to dig myself into that whole again.

I REALLY want to say what's on my mind, but I don't know how to do it without someone treating me as a risk to myself.

Any advice?

Re: STRESSED

Hi, we're glad you contacted us. Sorry to hear that you are so stressed and feeling suicidal. It sounds like you really want someone to listen to you without freaking out because you say you feel suicial. I must be hard when on top of your own feelings, you have to worry about everybody else's.

Have you ever thought about talking to a counselor? They may be able to help you organize your feeling's and structure your thoughts. You can also call this suicide hotline:1-800-273-TALK (8255).

You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here 24/7 and are anonomys, confidential and non-judgemental. We are here if you just want to vent or if you would like to talk about your options.

Hope that helps

Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

No, I haven't thought about talking to a counselor because I one of my friends (who was cutting at the time) was told on by other students to her counselor that she was suicidal. She wasn't, but the school called her parents; I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT HAVE MY PARENTS KNOW ABOUT THIS.

I just really want someone that I can talk to with complete confidence, but it's hard to find someone that I trust, and I also have a BUSY schedule. The only way I have to vent is through my journal, and so far, it's not helping very much...

I don't know what else to do or where or who else to turn to.

Comment

Hey,

You're right. Sounds like you're pretty busy to begin sorting things out. How about call us late at night right before you go to bed? Would you feel comfortable doing that? We don't need to know your name, or any other information you feel uncomfortable revealing to us.

It's sometimes easier for us to figure out what options you have by talking over the phone and remaining consistent with details about your story.

If you're willing and able, please give us a call at 1800-RUNAWAY. If you're still not comfortable with this, please keep posting and giving us more details.

Best of luck,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X