Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im done

im tired of this none of my friends can help me and no one is talkin to me so im thinking of where i can go because im tired of being raged on and told that my feelings arent true...i loved him and they dont care i have no car i have one pay check of about 100 bucks and few warm sweatshirts n thats it thats all i can think to take if i leave im just so done with trying to deal with these people and trying to get them to understand....someone please help me

Re: im done

Thanks for posting. We’re sorry to hear that other people don’t understand what you’re feeling. It must be frustrating to not be understood by those around you. What types of things don’t they understand? How have you tried communicating it to them to help them understand? How important to you is it that they really get it? Or is it more that you just want them to realize how important it is to you? Relationships can be tough enough sometimes, so it probably doesn’t help to have this lack of awareness from others around you, when you likely just want their encouragement and support.

It sounds like you’ve kind of thought about what you’d do if you ran away, but don’t have a solid plan. Do you think that in reality, $100 and a few sweatshirts with sustain you? We’re not here to ever tell someone not to runaway, but we do try to help youth thoroughly think through the situation and other possible options before doing so. Here are some great questions to ask yourself before running away (as posted elsewhere on the website):

1. What else can I do to improve things at home before I leave?
    2. What would make me stay at home?
    3. How will I survive?
    4. Is running away safe?
    5. Who can I talk to about the situation?
    6. Am I being realistic?
    7. Have I given this enough thought?
    8. What are my other options?
    9. Who will I call if I end up in trouble?
    10. What will happen when I return home?

Our biggest concern here is that youth remain safe and off the streets. We also want to make sure that youth are informed about the possible consequences and legal barriers to running. For instance, if you stay with someone that knows you’re a runaway and they don’t call your parents or the police, they could be considered harboring a runaway, which is against the law in many states. Do you think your parents/legal guardians will call the police and report you as a runaway if you leave? If so, do you think they’ll try to locate you and bring you home?
    There’s a lot of questions in this post, so you may feel overwhelmed right now. As we wrote earlier, we’re here to “listen”, encourage and help you to think through what you want to do. If you think talking about what’s going on in more depth would be helpful, our hotline is always available. The number, 1-800-RUNAWAY, is completely confidential and anonymous. Please call anytime, day or night.

Best of Luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

they dont really understand why i dont do well in school when i explain to then that i can't concentrat they say go to bed earlier and stay off the fone at nite then with my boyfriend problems they say your to young to really know what love is you dont love him you dont understand what your saying and everytime i try to voice my opinion i get yelled at and told to calm down which telling me to calm down always makes me even more mad. And yea i know i cant live off sweatshirts and 100 dollars but when i was runing around my room grabbin stuff thoughs are the first things i grabbed

Comment

Thanks for writing back. Assuming, “they” is your parents, we’re sorry to hear they aren’t supportive and understanding. It sounds like they just make assumptions about the way things should be, and don’t listen to your side of it. It’s probably difficult to feel that your opinion is not being taken seriously. Just because you’re young, doesn’t mean you can’t have feelings and an opinion, right? From what you wrote, it sounds like your parents and you don’t communicate very well. Do you think it would ever be helpful to have a mediator during a conversation? Some that is unbiased and non-judgemental, to help both sides talk through their own feelings and listen to the other side’s view? There are definitely counselors that can help facilitate a conversation like this. We also have a three-way conference call option for our youth callers. The way it works is the youth calls us, talks to a liner (person that answers the phone) a little about the situation and how he/she is feeling. Then, if the youth wanted, we would call their parent/legal guardian and have a mediated conference call. Our role is to make sure that both get a chance to speak. We also try to keep the conversation positive, with no cursing, blaming or interrupting. This obviously would only work if one of your parents were willing to talk, and preferably you’d be in different places (not in the same house). If this is something you think might help, we can definitely help you with it. Even if you aren’t interested in this, you’re still welcome to call us to just talk. If you do end up leaving, our number is toll-free from any payphone. Someone is always here.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

if i did try to have a mediator with me when i talked to my mom she would say no way and that i was just trying to embaress her and with the 3 way calling she'd just say that i was trying to embaress her. I have a little brother and he is the center of attention. im the one who always gets told do this and do that and i get yelled at when i dont and all the while he is downstair playing video games. i tryed to leave last nite but one of my friends who i had talk to earlier and mentioned leaving had come over to stay with me and make sure that i didnt leave so that helped a little bit but they left this morning and luckily i get to go to work later because my mom is bringing her fiancee over...he betrayed me i dont like him that uch anymore. he desided things were going to fast and he up and left us not even thinking of how i felt about it. we were gonna move and be a happy family again but i guess now ill never have a happy family. even he picks on me when he come over. the only way i see from getting away is leaveing and going and liveing with my aunt and uncle in the south. in my back abount i have just enough to get me there. that seems like the only option now

Comment

Yea,

Sounds like of lot of the things happening in the house are directed towards you. That's got to be very frustrating. Are there any family members, friends or acquaintances that side with you and support your story? Because if everyone at home is against you, someone outside of the house should be there for you. Do you have that kind of person in your life? What do they advise?

As for leaving to your aunt and uncle's place, how do they feel about you going there? Do they support your idea? Do you legal guardians support you going down there? Are you ready for everything that will change if you do go? Because you'd be changing friends, family and facing new things. New issues might come up there as well. How can you find better support down south than what you have where you are now?

Please keep in contact with us. If you are willing and able, please give us a call.

Best of luck,
            NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
            x
            x
            Working...
            X