Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran away, getting married

I posted on here a while ago about running away with my 27-year old boyfriend (I'm 1. I hadn't run away, but a lot of things happened and I've been extremely suicidal. I decided today that it was either run away and marry him or kill myself. So I ran away and I'm waiting for him to come pick me up so that we can go to Atlantic City and get married. I have no phone (I'm at the library a couple miles from my house) and I'm scared, but this was the only thing that I could do besides suicide.

Ran away, getting married

Hello,
    Thanks for checking in and keeping us posted. We’re sorry to hear that you were having to decide between being with your boyfriend and suicide. That should never have to be something you’d have to choose between.

However, it sounds like you’ve made the decision! And lucky for you, you’re 18! Is there anything that can hold you back from getting married and living with your boyfriend? We’re not legal experts but the legal age of adults in most states is 18. And that means that if the age of majority in NJ is 18, you can be with whomever and live wherever you’d desire.

If you ever need anything else from us, we’re here for you at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We’re here to listen and here to help 24 hours a day.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

We hung out in my town for a couple hours and he talked to my mom some through text. He made me go home, since we found out that we'd have to wait 2 days before we'd be able to get married, and we both talked to my mom. I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen now, but I am still planning on marrying him soon, as soon as possible.

Comment

re: Ran away, getting married

Well it sounds like you have definitely been able to communicate, which is great! From what you are saying, it seems like your plan is to wait a couple of days and then still to get married. It seems like you are comfortable reaching out electronically and if you would like to continue talking about your situation, please chat with us from 4:30-11:30pm CST. Otherwise, if you need additional support, we are always here 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

Take care,
        -NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X