Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. Please

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about 5 months. I love him with all my heart and am COMPLETELY in love with him
    Well lately he has been having problems at home and he ran away.
    well his friend called me and told me that he was caught and tooken away.
    i wanna know whats gonna happen to him!
    Some one please help me.

Re: Help. Please

Hello,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us at this time especially with such immediate news about your boyfriend's situation that has gotten you worried enough to seek answers right away. It proves that you do love him and that is why we want to be there for you. Relationships can be challenging but it sounds like apart from your boyfriend's struggles at home, life with you both seems to be flourishing. The most important thing is that you probably do not need to worry to much because running away is not a crime. Since it is not illegal to runaway, your boyfriend is not going to go to jail. However, it is his parent's right even if they are not the nicest people to file a runaway report to protect themselves from being charged with neglect. The report also serves to verify your boyfriend's status as a runaway when he was picked up by the police. This is probably why he was picked up if she was confronted by the cops or if his parents found out about his whereabouts and got them to come get him. The cop's responsibility is now to take your boyfriend back home or until his parents could come get him. He could remain in juvenile hall until that time and could be expected to show up for court to face a judge if this is his multiple time taking off. The issue is not merely as complicated as some make it out to be and lack of such information could cause someone to become worried and that is why we are glad that you decided to seek out help from professional sources. It comes down to the actions of the parents after he is returned to them. Do you think he could get grounded or if he is going to run away as soon as he gets back? How long do you think he is going to take to contact you or can you call this house to make sure he is fine?

We are a confidential crisis line and we are here 24 hours a day for you to talk to us about anything. We do not track people's conversations and we do not track calls. We want to be here for you and your boyfriend in the future if any of you come to need us at any time. At this time we hope that you are feeling better and can rely on us being there for you. Take this time to empower yourself and we wish you all the best. Good luck.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X