Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long distance teen relationship

My boyfriend is 17 and I am 14, He lives about 2 hours away, but doesn't have a car. My parents would kill me if they knew about him. But I really love him, and I know that sounds stupid because I'm only 14, but I truly know what I am saying when I say I love him. What should I do?

Long distance teen relationship

Hello,
    Thank you for posting on our bulletin board at www.1800Runaway.org
    So you are 14 and you are dating a guy who is 17.
    It sounds like you are worried about your parent’s reaction to your dating and possibly the age difference between you.
    Is that right?

We understand how you must be feeling about your situation; it can be stressful when you are worried about how your parents would take the news.
    It does not sound stupid to say you are in love.
    These are your feelings and you are entitled to have them.

What is it that you feel is the best thing to do in this situation?
    We cannot tell you what to do but you can call our 24hr toll free crisis line 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) and discuss your situation more in depth. This would give you an opportunity to look for some options in how to cope your dilemma.
    Do you think that would be alright?

You can also utilize the NRS live chat service on our website to go over things.
    The live chat service is available 7 days a week fromm4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

We hope that things will work out for you and we appreciate you reaching out.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X