•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod7
    replied
    Re: help 17 year old and want to runaway

It sounds like you are in a really tough situation right now and we are glad you decided to reach out to us. You mentioned that you recently found out you are pregnant and your mom is threatening to make you get an abortion. You also mentioned that it has gotten to the point that you are thinking of leaving with your boyfriend but concerned about what the police may do if you leave. Has your relationship with your mom always been difficult? We are sorry to hear you are going through this right now. It sounds like it’s a lot to deal with. First of all just because you are considered a minor in most states doesn’t mean that you don’t have a say about your own pregnancy. If you do want more information on what your rights are in regards to the pregnancy you can contact an agency called Option Line at 1-800- 395-4957.

Now you mentioned that you are turning 17 soon and that can be a tricky age. In most states the age of majority, when a youth is no longer considered a minor, is 18. But sometimes we hear that at 17 some local police may not take a runaway report or make a youth return back home. It’s often times best to call your local police to see how they would deal with that situation in your area. Even if you don’t want to tell them about your situation you can just call and ask a few general questions. You may want to ask questions such as…

*At what age is a youth no longer considered a runaway?
    *If a 17 y/o leaves home without permission, do you still take a runaway report?
    *If yes: what happens if/when that youth is found?

Keep in mind if you would like to discuss your situation more in depth you can reach someone immediately at our 24 hour crisis line 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous. We also have the online chat that is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. While we are not here to tell you what to do, there is always someone available to provide support, discuss options, and even find resources in your area. Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care.

Leave a comment:

• ryleeann11412
    Guest started a topic help 17 year old and want to runaway

help 17 year old and want to runaway

My parents wont let me see my boyfriend for 3 months im 16 we have been dating for a year and 3 months im pregnat and my mom said if she finds out i will have to get an abortion i turn 17 in 7 months when i turn 17 can i runaway and the police wont bring me back? i want this baby and so does my boyfriend.. what can i do?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X