No announcement yet.

i feel like running away with my girlfriend

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my girlfriend

I love my girlfriend and she loves me but I'm so suicidl right now and I don't know what to do I don't want to break up with her ether....

Comment

Re: I love my girlfriend

Hello and thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
      It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. We take suicide very seriously here at NRS. We want you to know that you are not alone, and we are here to listen to you and help lead you to a better place. One good resource for you could be the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). If you would rather go to a website and read forum posts or live chat, you can visit http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ or http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.../yourself.aspx. You do not have to face this alone. There are many support resources to help you and many options out there other than suicide.
      You posted this in a runaway thread. If you are thinking about running away, please don’t hesitate to call us so that we can think of a safe plan for you and your girlfriend. Additionally, please don’t hesitate to call NRS to talk more about your situation and get the support you need. We hope this helps and we hope to hear from you soon.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Same here. I know this thread is nearly a year old but yeah. Me and my girlfriend have already made a commitment to each other, we already want to marry each other, etc. We're in a long distance relationship, she lives in New York, I live in Iowa.So pretty far. We video chat or call every night, then text while not in a call. We've been together for 9 months, her family loves me and doesn't take her phone away since they know it's our only source of communication, but mine take mine for long periods of time and Iget scared I'll lose her. We're 14 but I want and need her forever. She even has my last name since we decided no one will ever stop us from getting married. She's the best, but my parents always try splitting us apart. If they do that I feel as if I only have two choices. Runaway or suicide. What if we do runaway but get stopped by authorities or something? May she contact here too?

Comment

• ccsmod10
          ccsmod10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like your relationship with your girlfriend is providing both of you with great support. Long distance relationships can be really hard, but it sounds like you're making it work. Not having your parents support can be really frustrating, if you're interested NRS has a conference call resource. We can call your parents together and try to work out the situation in a positive atmosphere. When youth run away, they are sent back to their parents, you don’t get arrested or anything. However, any adult that takes you in while you’re on the run, can be arrested for harboring a runaway. You mentioned suicide in your thread. We take suicide very seriously here at NRS. We want you to know that you are not alone, and we are here to listen to you and help lead you to a better place. One good resource for you could be the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). If you would rather go to a website and read forum posts or live chat, you can visit http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. You do not have to face this alone. There are many support resources to help you and many options out there other than suicide.
          NRS is always here to give you support and to talk through options. Our safeline is open 24/7 (800) RUNAWAY and we also offer chatting services through our website.

Hay me and my girlfriend is wanting to run away can you help us

Comment

• ccsmod6
          ccsmod6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us! It sounds like you and your girlfriend are considering running away. That's a pretty big decision to make, and it's great you're reaching out to us for some information before making a set decision.

Running away can be pretty tricky, so it's best to come up with a set plan for yourself before you both decide to leave. This includes things like where you would stay, how you would finish school if that applies to you both, how you would eat and make money, and much more. A set plan is a good idea because it helps insure you and your girlfriend can survive on your own.

If you would like any more resources or want to talk more about what you and your girlfriend are going through please feel free to reach out to us again! We are available 24/7, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and one of our liners will always be here to listen and help in the best way we can.

Im in a similar situation me and my girlfriend are 13 and love eachother a lot my parents are ok but hers are really bad we have talked about running away together but we might wait until where 15 so we can take care of ourselves better any advice is appreciated thanks

Comment

• ccsmod2
          ccsmod2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you and your girlfriend really care about each other. You mentioned that you both have thought about running away together. Having a plan about where you would go and how you would take care of yourselves is important. If you decide to leave home your family has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Running away is not illegal, however if you decide to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. Feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat, if you would like to discuss more about why you two are thinking about running away.

We hope this response was helpful!** We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum.** Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: **https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Hie
        im 16 nd my girlfriend is 14. No one is ready to support us. Its been 1 year we are dating nd our family say that it is attraction. Its such a bull****word.
        we have decided to run away but facing problems for our family. The school authority tries to make some kinda rubbish things so that our parents separate us
        we both want to live with each other away from everyone. No one understands us no one we are from india. we also planned to run away but we are scared of getting caught. Please help us . Her parents aren't accepting me nd tries way to separate us
        We want to get away from here nd live far from our family. We both are getting emotionally blackmailed by our parents.
        Pleasee tell me what to do

Comment

• ccsmod9
          ccsmod9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.
          We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X