No announcement yet.

i feel like running away with my girlfriend

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel like running away with my girlfriend

me and my girlfriend has been together for five months now. I love her with all of my heart. She is 15 and i am 17 i really would love and plan to as her to marry me as a graduation present to her. The probelm is her parents in october we took a walk to sonic just the two of us. Her parents found out we where alone together and grounded her for a month i wasnt allowed to talk or see her outside of school. The month past and i was like that wasnt bad well i get a phone call from her parents saying that it was to short and extemded it for two months. 1 month was fine two months was ok but i got a phone call saying i cant see her until januaray 23. i cant go that long. i really love her and i plan to and she loves me as much as i love her. i talked to her how she would feel if we where to get married and she said it would be better than anything else she could have. since her parents have done this she has tryed to break up with me three times. telling me she is worthless, usless, a slut, and i deserve someone better than her. i dont want to break up with her ever and i can see it in her eyes everytime we look at each other that she doesnt want to. this is just her parents fault i just want to grab her by the arm and runaway she agrees with me but we dont know how we could make it. im scared of everything im scared that were going to break up and its all becuase of her parents. i just wish there was no one but me and her on this world. i just want to run away with her far away and never come back. can someone give me some advice

Re:I feel like running away with my girlfriend

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation with your girlfriend and her parents. Sometimes youth find it helpful to talk to the parents they are having a difficult time with and see if there is anything you can work out as far as seeing each other after school. Do you think they would feel comfortable with you seeing each other with another person around? The National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline at 1-866-331-9474 might be a good place to get some ideas on how to talk with your girlfriend and her parents.

Feel free to call us anytime at (800) RUNAWAY or chat with us live at www.1800runaway.org from 4pm-11pm Central time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

before this we could only go on dates with a friend or a parent we walked to sonic that day becuase we thought it would be easier on her parents than to drive to the school two blocks farther. even if we had a friend or a parent go it wouldnt do no good. i dont really like her parents anymore and i feel like they are doing this to try to break us up. i dont want to break up with her and she doesnt want to break up with me. we feel like the only thing to do is run away we feel alone

Comment

Thank you for getting back to us and telling us about what is going on. It sounds like you are in a really frustrating situation right now and hopefully, we can provide you with some resources.

We are sorry to hear that things have gone sour with your girlfriend’s parents and that it is having an effect on your relationship. What do you think would happen if you tried to talk with them? It sounds like the two of you really care about each other.

You mentioned a few times that you two were thinking of running away together but you don’t know how you would survive. Running away sounds like a pretty scary thing to do but if you decide to leave, please know that we are available 24 hours a day. We wouldn’t tell you what to do or not do but what we can do is try to find you a safe place to go. Also, if you go to our website, we have a list of questions to ask yourselves before leaving. (http://www.1800runaway.org/youth/nrs_can_help/).

Remember, we are confidential and anonymous so please call us at anytime to talk more or explore options. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or we have online chat that is available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

We have talked about it today. We are christans and we think that this is god testing our relationship growing us together in love. we will try to make it as far as we can possible its hard for us harder for me becuase this makes me feel like im an object that can be taken away and given back. i wish that me and her where the only two people in this cruel world. we do still feel like runing away but were going to see if it gets better. i will keep you informed posting here everyonce in a while.

Comment

Re: I feel like running away with my girlfriend

Thank you for keeping us updated on your situation. It sounds like you two are really motivated to continue your relationship, and it is great that you have each other to rely on for support. You mentioned that you both still feel like running away, but are going to try to wait and see if things get better. Leaving home is definitely a big decision to make, so it is best not to rush into it; however, whether or not you decide to run away is your decision.

Remember, we are confidential and anonymous so please call us at anytime to talk more or explore options. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or we have online chat that is available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST). Best of luck!

-NRS

Comment

we have talked about it for awhile becuase you never know what surprise you can get. and we believe that god will help us through this problem. we also believe that he might just be getting us ready for a bigger problem we might face in the future. this has been so far the biggest problem we have had. were not giving up. i told her today that im going to fight for her love until the day i die. we have made a plan that after i propose and we get marryed to move away from here so we wouldnt have to deal with the problems here. i dont want to disrespect her parents. but i also dont want to lose her. i told her that her mom needs to realize that you can only protect someone you care about to a point, after that point it will end up hurting instead. we will try to make it the best we can its hard but god always has a reason. thank you for the help and imformation please keep us in your prayers as we go through this. there still could be the chance we might runaway if we just cant take it but i will inform you if we do. i will keep you informed each week on how we are doing. i can never thank you enough but i still must ask of you to pray for us and our problem that we might make it through.

Comment

re: i want to runaway with my girlfriend

We are so glad that you found the National Runaway Switchboard’s online bulletin board. It seems like you are in a relationship right now that might not be supported by parents. You seem to really care about your partner and it sounds like you have made a plan as far as proposing and getting married. Have you considered how you might support yourselves if you were to leave?

It can be difficult to be in a relationship that you do not feel is supported. Have you tried talking with parents about your plans and feelings? I wonder if they might react differently to your relationship if you tried to communicate in a different way with them. One of the services we offer at 1-800-RUNAWAY, is conference calling with parents. If that is something you’re interested in, you can always call us and we can help you come up with ways to talk with your parents. We are also available via live chat at 1800runaway.org from 4:30-11:30pm CST. We are glad that you reached out to us and hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Same problem.

This is almost an exact mirror image of my situation, ages are the same, problem is the same, feelings are the same. I feel for you and hope it works out and that this thread can teach me how to resolve this problem as well. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Same here

We're madly in love and are in a similar situation.
                    I hope every kid who has this issue resolves it with no regrets. Whatever your decision; best of luck to you all! And make sure you think this through!

Comment

Re: Same Here

Hi there,

We're glad you felt comfortable sharing your own situation as well as wish others luck in whatever their situations is. If you'd like to talk more about your situation please know we're here to talk and encourage you to try out our Live Chat.

Comment

I am right there with you guys

similar situations. older girlfriend by a year, we both hate school, my paretns are assholes to me and her, talk down to us and try to break us up. I cant live with them and theres a lot of school stress and I dont think i can continue school so at this point its either run away or suicide and im thinking suicide but i want to spend the last hours with her. I have thought about it for two days and this is what i want becasue running away is way to hard to orchestrate and follow through on and all of that. howver best of luck to all of you similar lucky men and women who find the love of their life at a young age.

Comment

RE: I am right there with you guys

Hey There,
                          Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you guys are going through a really tough time. Nobody deserves to be treated and feel like the way you guys are being treated and feeling now. Have you had the chance to talk with anybody else how you are feeling? Maybe try talking it out with somebody or try the National Suicide Hotline, talking through what’s going on and your decision might help. It sounds like you guys really care for each other, if you guys do maybe you can find a new solution together.
                          Like previously stated, nobody deserves to be treated badly. Stress can be really hard to deal with at times. If you want to talk things out and try and find other solutions we are more than happy to talk with you here at the Nation Runaway Safeline, even if all you want is a listening ear or some resources for something else. We are more than happy to help you out with anything you need. You guys are important no matter what anybody else says. If you guys feel unsafe, whether it be with your parents or even with yourselves, you should call 911. What is most important is that you and your girlfriend are safe.
                          If you need anything at all, an ear to listen or a list of resources, we are here 24/7 for you. Just give us a call at our toll-free hotline or you can use our live chat which is open everday from 4:30pm-11:30pmCST. We are more than happy to help with anything you need and make sure you are safe.
                          Best,
                          NRS

Comment

Re: i feel like running away with my girlfriend

Me and my girlfriend are in a similar situation. we have planned and saved money and we are going to Colombia. My girlfriend is from there and no one would
                            suspect us in Colombia. We can not be together because i am black and she is not. Her parents do not agree that she should be with me, but i love this girl
                            more than anything in this world. she is my everything and i am super excited about the adventures to come. peace from the middle east.b #outthisb***

Comment

re: i feel like running away with my girlfriend

Hey there,

It seems that you and your girlfriend have decided to run away to Colombia. Traveling can be hard as a minor, especially internationally to a country like Colombia. It is likely that you will be questioned at the airport and asked where your parents are. There is a chance you would be made to go back to where you are from. How would the 2 of you survive there on your own? In any case, if you need us, please feel free to reach out.

Take care,
                              NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X