My Bestfriend got kick out...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bestfriend got kick out...

I'm 13 nd my bestfriend is 15 nd his parents kicked him out of his house nd he doesnt have a place to stay. He sleeping in a park nd He doesnt even care if he gets mugged. He barley grabbed any clothes. He sleeping on a park bench nd this id his first time gettin kicked out. I really want him to get some help I told him to call the number but i dont know if he will I really care about him nd I feel really bad but I just really want him to get some help nd fast!!

Re: My Bestfriend got kick out...

Thank you so much for reaching out through our bulletin board to tell us a bit about your situation. It sounds like your friend is going through a really hard time right now and you are really concerned about his safety and well being. You mentioned that he is currently living on the streets because he was kicked out by his parents. Do you have any idea what happened between your friend and his parents? Because your friend is still 15 years old he is still considered a minor and his parents could get charged with neglect if they kicked him out of the home. Keep in mind that while we are a confidential and anonymous crisis hotline we are also here to help advocate for youth. If your friend should ever want to make a report to child protective services and let someone know what is going on that is certainly something we could help with, but we would never make someone do that if they do not feel comfortable with that option.

It sounds like one of your big concerns is that he doesn’t have a safe place to stay and you are worried about how he is surviving. Do you know if he has any friends or family in the area he could stay with? One of the things that we can do here is look up resources for your friend such as a youth shelter where they would be able to provide emergency shelter and other resources to help him. We are glad to hear that you gave your friend our number and feel free to let him know that our 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) hotline is available 24 hours a day. Our number is also toll free so if he doesn’t have access to a phone he can always call on a payphone for free. There is always someone available to provide support, discuss options, and even find resources in his area if needed. If he has access to the internet we also have an online chat available through our website www.1800runaway.org from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. Also if you should want to talk more about the situation that is going on you can always reach out to us as well. There is always someone available to help. Take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Originally posted by Love 13 View Post
      I'm 13 nd my bestfriend is 15 nd his parents kicked him out of his house nd he doesnt have a place to stay. He sleeping in a park nd He doesnt even care if he gets mugged. He barley grabbed any clothes. He sleeping on a park bench nd this id his first time gettin kicked out. I really want him to get some help I told him to call the number but i dont know if he will I really care about him nd I feel really bad but I just really want him to get some help nd fast!!
      i am not a mod or a admin but maybe you can let him or her stay at your house if your mom and dad will let him/her

Comment

Re: my bestfriend got kicked out...

That’s an interesting point and it would be really helpful of you to try and find some resources for your friend. What DO you think about the suggestion of having your friend stay with you and your family? Sounds like if your friend is a minor, your parents will have to consider how involved they’d want to be because sometimes housing minors can be a difficult, legal issue.

What do you think of this option? Because it’s also not the only way to help out. If a minor ( under the age of 18 ) is kicked out of the house, they have the right to housing and having a safe place to stay. Have they considered involving police and social services? Maybe they could provide some further assistance or options.

We are here if you’d like to explore some more. Call us at 1800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need anything else.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Tell us what you think about your experience!

Comment

I was wondering the same thing. my best friend is 15 and her parents have been treating her badly ever since I've known them. Its gotten worse this year now that her parents are having another baby ( they already have a two-year-old who they have been making her take care of and even skip school to watch.) she went home yesterday after being sent home from school for a uniform violation only for her dad to try and hit her with a wooden back scratcher. to keep from her dad hitting her till it broke she ran to my house (i live around the corner) Where she spent the night. I walked her home this morning only for her parents to tell her to get out of their lives and not to come back home. She has also been cutting herself for a while (she only wears tee-shirts) but her parents never noticed. My mom is going to let her stay at our house and she's my god sister anyway and I need some help and what to do.

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi,
            Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your friend is experiencing a very difficult situation at home, and she’s very fortunate to have you in her Hopefully she knows she does not deserve to be treated abusively…no one does! You say her parents have mistreated her for a long time. She may want to consider reporting any abuse she has experienced. She can call Child Help, the National Child Abuse Hotline. Their number is 1-800-422-4453, and they are trained to assist youth like your friend.
            You said your mom plans to let your friend stay with you. It’s good to know she has a safe place to be. If her parents decided to file a runaway report, and they know she is at your house, the police could come pick her up and send her home. However, from what you said, her parents kicked her out of the house. In this case, she could report this a neglect; they legally need to provide her with a safe place to live. This is another topic to discuss with Child Help.
            You also mention that your friend has been cutting herself. She (or you, if you’re curious) may want to look into a website www.twloha.com. This stands for To Write Love on Her Arms and works with individuals engaging in self harm.
            Either of you can call us here are NRS, and our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we’re here to listen and help. We hope to hear from you all soon.
            Take care,
            NRS

One of my best friends got kicked out of his house for reasons I have idea why but he said its some bull******** that shouldve never happened and he's living with his dad right now but he hates him because he grew up without his dad but a few months ago his dad wanted to be back in his life and I don't know what to tell him to make him feel better or what to do at all and I'm really worried about him

Comment

• ccsmod4
            ccsmod4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello,
            Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like you would like to provide some support to your friend. It’s very nice of you to offer your support. Sometimes having someone to just listen can mean a lot to someone going through difficult times.
            If you or your friend would like to talk more in detail we are here to listen and be supportive during this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

Take care,
            NRS

Hi, I live in Iowa and my daughter have 2 friends ( brother and sister)they said they got kicked out and that their mom Threaded to kick them out several times before, this time they did run away and my daughter wants to give them shelter because they are on the streets walking around. But also my daughter received a text message from there mom saying that they run away and that she don't want my daughter to talk or even texting with them or she will be in trouble don't know what she means of that, if she was going to be in trouble with police or with her. But I also don't want to live a couple of kids in the street at night and in the cold. My question is can I give them shelter or what can I do?

Comment

• ccsmod15
            ccsmod15 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello –

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes great courage to reach out. I’m sorry to hear about the situation your daughter’s friends find themselves in. No one deserves to be kicked out of their own home.

Having a place to stay to ensure that they are safe is what’s most important. While we are not legal experts, there is only a danger in getting in trouble if a runaway report has been filed by their parents. If one has been filed, there is the possibility that you could be charged with harboring runaways.

A good first step would be to reach out to Child Protective Services in your area. If these children are being abused or neglected, it is important to report. This will also help protect you legally if you decide to take them in in the interim. With a runaway report, if the police find them they would return them home unless it has been expressed to them that they live in an unsafe environment.

If you would like additional resources or you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope the information provided helps. Remember we are available 24/7 and can be toll-free reached at the number listed above. We are confidential, anonymous, and non-direct.

Best Wishes
            ~NRS

My boyfriend got Kicked out just for buying a new phone. His parents are too controlling. Plus he has depression. He told me to stay out of it. But he is living in a car How can i stay out of it. I dont even know if he is eating. I love him. If u have advice Please let me know thank you.

Comment

Hi there,
            Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your boyfriend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help them. It’s great that your boyfriend has support and concern from you especially since this time is quite difficult for them. They could always reach out to NAMI for support for his depression. Their number is 800-950-NAMI or he can text NAMI to 741741.
            Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your boyfriend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
            Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            We’re here to listen and to help and hope you or your friend can reach out soon.
            Take care,
            NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X