Collapse
No announcement yet.

My friend is being abused.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My girlfriend (long distance) is being emotionally, verbally and often physically abused by her mother. Her brother is also against her and gets her in trouble when he doesn't get what he wants. Her father isn't home a lot and doesn't take care of the family much, or at least that is what I got. She can't go and live with any relatives, because her mom is threatening that everything will be taken away from er if she does so. She doesn't have much friends, and she can't visit them or hang out with either because she will get grounded. She told me she's telling people about it but nobody's helping, and when she called child protection services, her mother pretended to be a 'grieving parent' because of her husband and they believed her. I really want to help my girlfriend, but I'm finding this a dead end. What is there to do? Please help.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that your girlfriend is faced with right now and you’re wanting to find a way to help her. You mentioned that she is being abused at home. Abuse is never okay, and she doesn't deserve to be treated that way. If she feels as though she is in immediate danger, we encourage her to contact the police. Child Help is the National Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-422-4453) it is a great resource for her to explore her options and get information on how to transfer custody. We are very sorry to hear that Child Protective Services and other people have failed to help her. Please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

I need help to know if my friends is being abused by her dad so I went over my friends house and it was like 8:00 and we were just in her room chilling and her dad comes in and says to her can I talk to you and she looks sacred when he said that, and when they were talking I heard a smacking noise and then next thing you know when she comes back she had a mark on h r face. IS THAT ABUSE??

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, there,
      Thank you for reaching out and trying to support your friend. She is lucky to have a friend like you. We are not experts in abuse and the term “abuse” can be complex to define. If you would like more information on what does and does not qualify as abuse, you can call the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453 or use their chat feature on their website childhelp.org.
      --NRS

Hi, so I've been getting verbally abused for a while from my Mother and we aren't close at all. I told her I wanted to run away and jump off a bridge or drown, to kill myself. But she hasn't done anything, I've been seeing a therapist since she's seen my cuts. (I cut in 2014. I don't now cause I'm scared of my mother will yell at me again.), I started seeing my therapist in 2014. But, everything is so so so much worse now, and I get yelled at more now, its not normal for my mother to swear at me is it?... I'm so scared of even breathing wrongly because I'll upset her and so much more. We don't get a long AT ALL, my Dad often says I have my mothers bad temper so when I have my temper and she has her temper she fights. I just want to pick up the siccors and start cutting, I was thinking on my ankle since that's one place I used to do it for a while when I was hiding it. But that was a long time ago, I thought about picking up the habbit again because I don't know what else to do. I know I'm ********ing ugly and can't change it, cause I don't think there's a way to change it, I hate when people call me a boy and 'Sir' because I'm NOT. But because of my jaw and my face etc, they think I am. I just want to run away, buy some sleeping pills and jump in a river somewhere. That's only if I can't get adopted into a family who's okay with my sexuality (I'm a girl who likes girls. I don't like the term used for it.) I want to change my name because the name I have I hate it, my mother gave it to me after all, I want to be welcomed into a family who doesn't make me feel like ********, and who will help me with my poor eating habits, and who won't make me feel bad for packing a lunch, or start eating again (I lost a lot of wait, not bad though. Its why I wear sweaters most of the time.) who won't make me feel like ******** for wanting to be alone with myself, and stuff like that. There has to be something I can do?... I'm going to go talk to my school consular and my English teacher about these issues soon, but I'm scared my Mum will yell at me again and swear because I talked to people about this... What do I do?... (I live in Canada, Alberta.)

Comment

Hi there,

It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help.
      The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. Since you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://www.childhelplineinternationa...where-we-work/
      We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X