• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod3
    replied
    Re: Sorry...

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your situation. It doesn't sound like your dealing with an easy situation right now and we are very sorry for the loss of your friend. On top of such a deep and personal loss, it sounds like you've dealt with some pretty serious issues yourself - depression and cutting. You mentioned you decided your life was worth living so it seems like things have taken somewhat of a positive turn. If you are still struggling with things, there is support out there though. We are available to talk more and there is also http://twloha.com/ and http://www.youmatter.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/. Hang in there and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    Sorry...

Hi, I was feeling depressed and one of my best friends noticed, one day I decided to cut myself I cut myself at home because my friend is too observant one time I cut to the bone and it took 6 days to heal, I had to go to school and my friend noticed right away, she didn't talk to the counselor or anything she just sat there watching me for 5 weeks, after that my friend had enough, she killed herself. I decided that my life was worth living, mainly because I never noticed what I had before I lost it

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod6
    replied
    re: My best friend tried to kill herself and it isn't getting better.

Hi

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about what is going on with you and your friend. It sounds like your friend has been through some tough times. It sounds like she may have a lot of things that she dealing with secretly. It seems that you care about her and would like to see happy without doing any harm to herself. Trying to give advice to a friend can be a little challenging especially if they are not receptive to what you’re trying to say. It sounds like you have attempted in the past to express your concern and she has attacked you for doing so. It seems like you are supportive and will continue to remain so and would like for her to see that. Since we are non-directive, we cannot tell you what to do. However we can discuss options. It seems to be several options to approaching the problem you are having with your friend. Have you thought about having a group mediation in which some of these issues are discussed in a very supportive manner? It may be important for your friend to feel as though she is not being attacked or scolded. This sounds like a challenging situation and if you would like to speak to someone here at the hotline in more depth, we are here.

Our hotline is available 24/7 and we can be reached by dialing 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our hotline is anonymous, confidential, and toll-free. We would like to wish you and your friend the best of luck with things. The National Suicide Hotline is also another resource that is available 24/7 and can be reached by dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

Best Wishes
    ~NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    My best friend tried to kill herself and it isn't getting better.

My best friend tried to kill herself. She is practically my sister and about a week ago, she tried to kill herself. Thankfully 2 other friends who are close to her managed to get to her and get her to a hospital. I found out from one of them that she tried to kill herself and she didn't call me after she did it, she called them. She said she was ashamed and didn't want me to see her like that. She said that she realized what she did was wrong and selfish and that she wouldn't do it again. She spoke with a therapist and says she's getting the help she needs. But she's making bad choices still. She's drinking a little bit, not excessively, but I don't think she should be anyway. She came to my house tonight with two other friends and she had gotten high before she came over. Then she left my house out of nowhere to go meet a guy. I know she's going through some hard things in her life and she knows she has people there for her but she lashes out at me when I tell her what that drinking and getting high are stupid choices since she tried committing suicide a week ago. I have no idea what to do or say to her. If I say something to her, she says I'm acting like a mom and tries to throw anything in my face to make it seem like it's okay. I need help and I don't know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod8
    replied
    RE: My Best Friend Tried To Kill Herself

Hello,

We truly thank you for taking the time to reach out to us since you have so much on your plate right now. We imagine how hard this situation must be for you. We are glad you contacted us for support. It must be hard for you to lose a friend you were to close to and now she is being completely the opposite of what you were together. It is not fair for you to have to deal with it. It sounds like she is having a hard time herself since she has been through a lot also. We are not experts in psychology so we cannot speak on what her state of ming may be.

Have you thought of reaching out to other hotline for support if you need to understand more about what may be happening with her. If so we want to provide you a hotline that deals with suicide. This is a place where you may get some ideas on how to approach your friend. It is called the National Suicide Hotline at 1800-273-TALK (8255). If this hotline does not suit you then you are welcome to call us just to vent at 1800RUNAWAY.

We are confidential and anonymous. Have you sat down with your own parents to figure out how to approach the situation. You mention you use to smoke together and that you no longer do it. It proves the both of you were able to move from needing one way of coping to not needing that method anymore. We cannot predict what the future may hold for the two of you but it sounds like you cared enough for your friend to hang in there before. We understand that things are different now but it sounds like you are torn between knowing what to do. We are not in a position to tell you what to do but we hope you can contact us for support and to brainstorm ways to work around it.

We are confidential and anonymous and can be reached 24 hours a day. We hope this info has helped you some and look forward to hearing from you. Good luck and stay strong.

-NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest started a topic My Best friend tried to kill herself.

My Best friend tried to kill herself.

My best friend and I were inseperable. We literally did everything together. I knew she had issues, but so did I. We started being friends to have a smoking buddy, but we stopped smoking and just hang out sober. She was the closest thing I've ever had to having a best friend. I was there for her for everything.

The day I found out she was in the hospital, was a wednesday. My friend and I finally went to her house after not hearing from her for weeks. We caught her parents as they were leaving, they said she was in the hospital. They refused to give us any more information about the matter. I cried, my friend and I sat in the freezing cold parking lot and called every hospital in the tri-state area to see if she was there. None of them had any records of having her. We knew what she did, or tried to do. For 11 days I was miserable. I cried everyday at school, but I couldn't tell anyone why I was so upset. I burnt myself and cut myself, I was seriously mentally unstable.

I finally got a text from her, I called her hysterically crying. I went over to her house and had to act like I didn't know what was going on. She didn't know that I knew about her suicide attempt. That was the last time we talked.

I tried to be her friend in school, act like nothing happened and wait until she told me herself. But she pushed me away. I accepted it. But now she is acting hostile towards me, she follows me to all my classes and sends me hurtful texts with name-calling. I don't know what I did wrong. I feel like she is just lashing out on me, so I'll have to take it. I know she doesn't want to be my friend anymore because of the mean things she's writing in the texts. And to be honest I would like to have her out of my life. I cried for all 11 days she was in the hospital, and when I saw her I physically couldn't show emotion. As of right now I can't cry, I can't smile, I can't feel anything. The only feeling I have is guilt.

Guilt for not being sympathetic for her. But what I'm really asking help for is this: I don't know what to do or how to act around her. And I'm also embarassed. I'm embarassed because I feel that I have a bad judge of character. If I were to have a best friend who pulled this, It reflects my awful choice of friends. I hate feeling this way, but I do. Please help. I'm also thinking about seeing a therapist, but I don't have time in my schedule.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X