Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend of a Missing Teen

My 16-year-old best friend- who I love more than anything in the world- has run away. I have no clue where he is, only that he is with his aunt. His aunt is estranged from most of his family however, and his mother just had to call the cops. I am terrified and I do not know what I can do. I cannot tell my parents what is going on for a variety of reasons, but I am so frightened. I am sad and angry and hurt too. How do I handle this situation by myself? Is there a hotline I can call in order to talk to someone about this? Can anybody help me?

Re: Friend of a Missing Teen

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Switchboard. We are very sorry to hear about your best friend. It sounds like you care about him a lot and his running away has really affected you. It is understandable that you would feel sad, angry, and hurt and we imagine it can’t be easy not being able to talk to your parents about everything.

If you’d like to continue talking about your situation, you are more than welcome to call our hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY/1-800-786-2929). You can remain anonymous and confidential and we’re available 24/7. We are here to provide support to not only runaway and homeless youth, but also their family and friends. We look forward to your call and hope things get better for you.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X