Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to know

My stomack hurts Alot and I can't lay on my side or stomach and it feels like Im carrying extra weight haven't had any sexual intercourse scared to let my mother know unless it's for sure a pregnancy

Comment

• ccsmod1
      Super Moderator
      • May 2007

RE: Need to know

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are sorry to hear you are not feeling well, and it is understandable that you feel afraid. You mentioned that you are having stomach pain. Lots of things can cause stomach pain and bloating that are not pregnancy, including regular menstrual periods. You said you haven’t had sexual intercourse. You can’t get pregnant unless you had sexual activity where semen entered your vagina, so you probably are not pregnant. If you aren’t sure, this website, www.sexetc.org, has tons of helpful information about sex and pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you won’t have your period like usual. If your period is late, you can take an at-home pregnancy test, which you can buy at any drug store, to make sure. If you are doing anything sexual with another person, you could be at risk for pregnancy and diseases, so if you need information about condoms and birth control, www.sexetc.org has all the info you need about safe sex and how to avoid getting pregnant or getting an STD in the future. Since you probably aren’t pregnant, you may want to tell your mom about your stomach pain and go to the doctor in case it is something serious. You can always call us any time 24/7 or chat with us online if you need to talk. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• Unregistered

OK I am 13 and my boyfriend is 16 we want to have a baby but we don't know what would have to us and the baby by law

Comment

• ccsmod2
          Super Moderator
          • May 2007

re: no title

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your experience with us. It is a courageous step to take that is not always easy. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation. Becoming pregnant and feeling unprepared or unsure of what to do next can be a scary thing to face. We are always here to listen and help as best as possible. Taking this step by step can help to make this stressful time a little less overwhelming. Identifying people in your life that you can trust to support you during this time may be a good start to seeking help and exploring your options.

If you suspect that you may be pregnant or are currently unsure, confirming pregnancy is a good first step. This can look like purchasing a pregnancy test after you have missed a menstrual period or you can get this confirmation by possibly going to a local clinic for a blood test.

If you are currently trying to have a baby, you would need to consider a lot of things that might happen or affect your situation. Both of you are under 18 and likely still living with a parent/guardian. You may want to think of how they would react to you being pregnant, and how upset they might be with the situation. Also consider how the two of you would take care of a baby physically and financially at your age. Things may not work out as you planned. You can also find some information online at sexetc.org about youth pregnancy. It's hard to say what will exactly happen legally, since we don't know your family situation. If you’d like additional support or resources please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours, 7 days a week or chat with us online by going to www.1800RUNAWAY.org.

Take care,
          NRS
          Last edited by ccsmod2; 02-01-2017, 12:32 AM.
          Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

I got raped by my friend (boy) and I think I might be pregnant and I'm scared to just walk in a store and get it because tall know store clurks are all up in your businesses. What should I do?

Comment

• ccsmod1
              Super Moderator
              • May 2007

RE: 13 and pregnant

Hello,

Thank you so much for your post. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are so sorry to hear that you were raped. Nobody deserves that, and you did not deserve to have that happen at all. We are happy to help you figure out your next steps. One resource that could be really helpful is RAINN, the National Sexual Assault Hotline. You can call them at 1-800-656-4673 or go to www.rainn.org. They are confidential and open 24/7. If the rape occurred less than 3 days ago, you may be able to take emergency contraception to avoid becoming pregnant. The law is different based on your location, but in many states you can just ask for the pill at a pharmacy. Sexetc.org is a great source of information about the laws in your area regarding this, and they have tons of helpful information about pregnancy and all your options. You can also call the Planned Parenthood hotline at 1-800-230-7526 or go to plannedparenthood.org to ask questions or make an appointment to see a doctor, which you may be able to do without parental permission depending on what state you live in. It is understandable to feel afraid to go into a store, however you can purchase a pregnancy test legally in any drug store or online and there is nothing to be ashamed of. Knowing for sure if you are pregnant is important so you can figure out what your plans are. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to wait until after your period is late to take a pregnancy test. We are here to talk about options any time 24/7, and we can support you in making a plan to stay safe. Nobody deserves to be raped, and we are absolutely here to help however we can. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.

Comment

I'm 13 and may be pregnant I'm not sure!

My boyfriend is 15 he's comes to my house all the time and we have had sex 3 times without a condom his mom knows about it but mine doesn't I'm really scared.

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hello there thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you are going through so much right now, sounds like you are in a really scary situation not knowing if you are pregnant, and being worried about telling your mom. You seem incredibly brave for going through this and we commend you for asking for help.

If you have a trusted adult in your life, you might also include them on the conversation with your mom, if you decide to tell her. They might be able to advocate for your needs and act as a support for you during that extremely difficult conversation.

If you haven’t already, you might consider taking a pregnancy test. If you are unable to get it yourself, you might ask your boyfriend or his mom to get you one. You might also contact the experts on reproductive health at Planned Parenthood to learn about resources in your area at 1-800-230-7526. You might also see what your rights are to reproductive health care as a minor in your state by clicking on your state on this link: https://sexetc.org/action-center/sex-in-the-states/.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever would like to talk through your situation. We can provide support, help brainstorm your options, and possibly provide additional helpful resources.

Best of luck,

NRS

I'm 13 I know I'm pregnant. I'm scared. What do I do?

Comment

• ccsmod10
                  ccsmod10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your experience with us. It is a courageous step to take that is not always easy. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation. Becoming pregnant and unsure of what to do next can be a scary thing to face. So it’s understandable that you’re scared. We are always here to listen and help as best as possible. Taking this step by step can help to make this stressful time a little less overwhelming. Identifying people in your life that you can trust to support you during this time may be a good start to seeking help and exploring your options.

You mentioned that you know that you’re pregnant, we’re not sure if that means that you took a test. Confirming pregnancy is a good first step. This can look like purchasing a pregnancy test after you have missed a menstrual period or you can get this confirmation by possibly going to a local clinic for a blood test.

If you are pregnant, proper health care can be important in whatever you choose to do. One way to reach a doctor and find useful resources that specialize in women’s health/pregnancy is to contact Planned Parenthood at 1800-230-7526 or go to their website at https://www.plannedparenthood.org/.

If you’d like additional support or resources please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours, 7 days a week or chat with us online by going to www.1800RUNAWAY.org.

I'm 14, and my girlfriend just turned 14 a few days ago... she's pregnant and I'm really scared. I know she's the one who it's understandable if she's scared, but I don't know what to do... most guys leave their girls when they find out they're pregnant, but I really love her
                the only other person who knows about it is my older sister (who completely flipped out)
                She really loves school and stuff and she doesn't want to drop out but my sister is trying to convince her to
                i don't know what to do

Comment

• ccsmod7
                  ccsmod7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you so much for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It’s good to hear that you told your sister, but it sounds like she did not react in the way you had hoped. It sounds like you really love your girlfriend, and want to support her as best you can. One way to do this is make sure she, and you, know all your options. There are a lot of options where your girlfriend could stay in school, including learning more about getting an abortion. To learn more information, you could call Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526, and see what they have to say. Furthermore, she could stay in school for the majority of her pregnancy even if you didn’t want to go down the road of terminating the pregnancy. A lot of schools have support systems set up in order to help pregnant teens, and doing further investigation into what your school can do to help would be a good place to start. If you both feel comfortable, try to talk to a guidance counselor.

Another option is talking to your parents, and seeing what they think. You could also talk to your girlfriend’s parents if she felt comfortable. This is a really tough situation, and it is important to make sure you both feel safe with the decisions you are making. You took a really big step by talking to your sister, and although she reacted badly, you should continue to reach out and build a support system, if you feel comfortable.

Please call us if you would like to talk more, or if you want resources specific to where you live, like the Planned Parenthood in your area, or other service. We’re anonymous, confidential and available 24 hours a day. Call us if you’d like at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929)

Best of luck.

So.. I’m scared I might be pregnant. I’ve never had sex though. That’s the hard part to explain..

I’m scared that if I am pregnant, the baby could kill me.. and I really don’t want to have an abortion because I just really don’t believe in that sort of thing. But if it’s lifethreatning I might have to.. I’m here to ask if it is?

You see I didn’t have sex. I was um.. well we only used hands. But I’m scared that even though my boyfriend washed his hands thoroughly TWICE, that he might’ve gotten me pregnant.. Do you think that’s possible..? Even that small of a chance of me getting pregnant?

And I’m so scared of what will happen if I am.. my mom and family.. how do I go to school with a huge baby bump? What happens. Will I be okay..? It’s not like I can hide it..

I just really need some closure.. I need some help.

Comment

• ccsmod2
                  ccsmod2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We are not doctors so we cannot say for sure whether you could be pregnant or not. However, since you haven't had sex, the chances of you being pregnant is very low. We encourage you to check out Planned Parenthood's website (plannedparenthood.org) or (sexetc.org) to find out about sex education and contraceptives. You could also talk to an adult that you trust , take a pregnancy test, or schedule an appointment with your doctor. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

The same happened to me

Comment

I have had intercourse with a 17 year old and I don’t know for sure if I am bc I missed a period and I seem to look like I’m getting a stomach and I have been eating a lot

Comment

• ccsmod7
                    ccsmod7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hello there, thanks so much for reaching out today. It sounds like you are in an incredibly scary situation being unsure if you are pregnant, and it was very brave of you to reach out. Here at NRS, we truly want to support you during this difficult time.

If you haven't already, confirming whether or not you are pregnant with a pregnancy test or a doctor's visit might be your first step. If you haven't already, you might consider telling a trusted adult or friend about possibly being pregnant. They might be able to help you get a pregnancy test or see a doctor. You might also reach out to Planned Parenthood for comprehensive, non-judgmental reproductive health care assistance 1-800-230-7526.

Please know that we are here 24/7 and truly want to be there for you. You can call us anytime or chat us during chat hours. We are non-directive, non-judgmental, confidential and primarily concerned about your well-being and safety. We can talk through your situation and try to brainstorm additional options with you.

Best of luck,

NRS

So I'm 13 and me and my boyfriend had sex and I don't know how to tell my parents but I dont know if im pregnant or not.

Comment

• ccsmod2
                    ccsmod2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). It sounds like you want to tell your parents that you have engaged in sexual intercourse and you don't know if you're pregnant or not. Here at NRS, we offer conference calls between youth and their parents. This could be an opportunity for you to discuss with your parents that you have started having sex. You could also try talking to an adult that you trust such as another family member or school counselor to assist you with talking to your parents. You may want to consider purchasing a home pregnancy test. Planned parenthood (1-800-230-7526) plannedparenthood.org , is a great resource that could provide you with more options. If you have any other questions or would like additional resources, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

I am 13 and my ex who is 15 raped me. I am 5 weeks pregnant

Comment

• ccsmod11
                    ccsmod11 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi there,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re in a really scary situation where you’re dealing with the effects of sexual assault and pregnancy. We imagine this is a really disorienting time for you and we hope we can help you out.

We want to firstly let you know that no matter what you’ve done, you don’t deserve to be raped. This is in no way your fault, even if it feels like it may be. No one has the right to violate your privacy or cause you physical or emotional harm, and it’s very unfortunate this has happened to you. We also understand how difficult it is to know your rapist. We think you are very strong for handling all these feelings, and we know how much work you have put into keeping going in this rough time.

You can always call us to talk about any of the difficulties you’re facing as a result of having experienced what you’ve described here. We are available over the phones at 1-800-786-2929, and we operate 24/7. We are confidential and non-judgmental, and we can try our best to help you in any way we can. You can simply talk to us, or ask to be referred to resources. We can refer you to some resources right now that seem relevant based on your message. Firstly, the Rape Abuse Incest National Network, or RAINN, can be reached at 1-800-656-4673, and can provide support and resources to survivors of sexual assault. You also can find support from the National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline at 1-866-331-9474. You also can look into sexetc.org to learn more about the reproductive rights you have in your state.

Hopefully this message helped you out today. Please contact us again for anything else you may need.
                    -NRS

Hi I need help, I’m 13 and live in England it’s my second time having sex (both times unprotected) the first time my mum had birth control pills for herself at home so I took them. This time me and my boyfriend had sex but when I got home there were no pills. I didn’t want to ask her for them so I just left it. We had sex on a Sunday and it’s the Saturday after now I am getting red-ish light bleeding I’m scared it could be spotting(which means I would be pregnant) but period blood has a smell this doesn’t so I’m really scared!!! Apparently this means that my egg has firtilized says google but I’m still scared Someone please reply to me asap!!!

Comment

• ccsmod5
                    ccsmod5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi,
                    It sounds like you’re in a difficult situation. We are not medical experts, but we encourage you to confirm that you actually are pregnant by taking a test (you should be able to get one at a drug store). It might also be a good idea to talk to your mom if you are able; if you are engaging in sexual activity, it is important to use protection and to be informed as much as possible. We understand this might be uncomfortable, there is a very helpful website called sexetc.org. Their website is thorough and quite helpful.
                    Good luck!
                Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                x
                x
                Working...
                X