No announcement yet.

My daughter ran away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My daughter ran away

    My 14 year old daughter ran away from home on 12/18/09 her name is Jasmin. She goes to High School. Last seen with her boyfriend at his mom's house. We live in Hayward California. Anyone could help please contact us.

  • #2
    Re: My daughter ran away


    Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Switchboard. We empathize and understand the urgency in your situation. This situation must be hard for you and your family right now. We wondered whether calling your local police right away to report her missing is an option. The non-emergency number for the local police in Hayward is (510)293-7000. We imagine it is not an easy thing to go through. It can be confusing and becomes increasingly difficult when help is hard to come by as your child is gone from home.

    With all the frustration of not finding her right now, we hope you continue to surround yourself with family and friend who wish to help. How are you coping so far? Do you have people you can turn to for support? If you wish to make the runaway report, the report helps to track her locally and nationally. In the event she gets picked up by the police, they can hold her or find someway to get her home. The report also helps to keep you safe from any possible charges of neglect. It makes other understand that you indeed do what you could to find her.

    We are a 24 hour hotline that provides information and referral to families and youth in crisis. We are confidential and anonymous. We can be reached at 1800RUNAWAY. We are not the sort of agency that goes out looking for the runaway because we are central to Chicago but nationally in scope. We wish to hear from you if you need someone to speak to about the matter more closely. We can offer you resources that are able to help you by having you work with a caseworker. It can be helpful to have an agency that creates posters and distribute these posters locally and nationally.

    The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is a 24 hour hotline that seeks to reunify families. The number is 1800-843-5678. They can keep track of the report you make with the local police on the National Crime Information Center webpage. We are interconnected in that we work together to explore options with you. As they work with you to creat posters, we help with family reunification by having you use our message service and conference call service. One other program we have is the Home Free program that seeks to get a child home if they are stranded after running away. Does your daughter have a cell phone or places she does online? It might help to see whether the phone she has can get tracked by the police or see whether you can reach her online.

    The message service worksif you or her call us to leavea message here for each other. If she calls,w e deliver it to you. It helps to open communication if she were to call us wishing to call home with our conference call. We are not simply here for your daugther alone. We wish to help you cope and explore other options. We imagine this is a hard situation for you also and wish to support you by offering a listening ear. We are not able to make reports but we have resources that are able to help out locally when she returns. We wish you best of luck and hope you can continue to stay strong.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp