No announcement yet.

How do I help my kids?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do I help my kids?

    How do I help my daughter she is having a very hard time living with her dad and his girlfriend, he has custody of my children and my daughter is starting to have problems with her mental health and wants to run a way from there and wants to live with me, also has talked about becoming an emancipated minor. I am lost and don't know what to say or how to help.

  • #2

    We are glad you reached out to us for help. It must be incredibly difficult for you seeing your daughter’s stress and hard time at her Dad’s impact her well-being. It makes sense you feel lost being so removed from her.

    There are some options for your daughter, depending on the specifics of her situation, such as her age, the state she lives in, her mental health history and her current ability to be independent to name a few. The best way for us to get all the details on her situation and help her figure out her best plan forward is to have her contact us directly. She can do that 24/7 and in complete confidentiality either through a chat on our website or calling our crisis hotline at 1(800) RUNAWAY.

    If you need some resources to help yourself, either with mental health support or legal advice, deal with this situation, you can also reach out to us anytime.

    We hope to hear from your daughter soon, and if needed you as well.


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp