No announcement yet.

16 yr old daughter

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16 yr old daughter

    If your daughter is 16 and wants to live with her mother n not father can she leave

  • #2
    Hi, Thanks for reaching out, we are glad that you did.
    We are not legal experts, so we can only answer generally. This sounds like a question of custody and who is the custodial parent.
    If father is custodial parent, he has the right to decide where your daughter lives and if he declines to let her live with you, he can use the police to have her returned. From there, whether he wants to initiate further legal action against you depends on the custody agreement and the laws in your state.
    You may want to explore going to court to attempt to gain primary custody or discuss the matter with him to try to work out an agreement or compromise.
    We hope this is helpful. If you'd like to get a legal referral from us, you can reach out so we can check our database to provide one that may be available in your area.
    You can call us at 1-800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or reach out via live chat through this website.
    We hope this has been helpful to you.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp