No announcement yet.

Help Please

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help Please

    My 15 year old son was living with his grandmother who has custody of him. I still have my parental rights and she has placed him in a children's home, she says until he is 18, and all he wants is to come live with me. He has attempted suicide, as well as 2 other children she raised, just to get out of that house. She tried to stop all contact between my son and I for no reason and just shipped him away without anyone, to this day, saying a word to me, but luckily I found him. I want to bring him home and a lawyer said he would take my case, but i cant afford his fee right away and my son needs to get out of there asap, for his mental and emotional stability. Do I have any legal ground to stand on and go get my son?

  • #2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now.
    We are not legal experts but it seems if you have parental rights you should be able to bring your son back home to you. One option would be to call the group home he is in and explain your situation, they would be able to give you more details.
    We wish the best of luck for you and your son, if you have any more questions please give us a call. We are available 24/7.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp