No announcement yet.

18 YR OLD Ran away with Friend-Bad company

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 18 YR OLD Ran away with Friend-Bad company

    My son turned 18 in Nov. He is under influence of bad company who encouraged him to play video games all the time and rapping. He dropped grades and due to bad company he is seeking refugee in them.
    When we asked him to be safe and leave bad company. some of them are doing drugs. He didn't listen to us. We took him to counsellor and he recommended therapy but very day he contacted one of his friend
    and called police that we are keeping him without his consent. He left with his friend. His friend is real bad influence on him. What are our rights as parents, how can I make sure he is safe. He didn't contcat us yet.
    I gave him phone when he was leaving. I am worried abiut his safety. Please advise.

  • #2
    re: 18 YR OLD


    Thanks for reaching out to us. It seems that you are worried that your son is hanging out with the wrong crowds and you want to know what you can do to prevent that and get him to listen to you. While we aren't legal experts to provide legal advice, it may be helpful to reach out to a legal aid agency that can help share some of the laws in your area. Hopefully they can give you more information.

    Best of luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp