Emotionally abusive parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotionally abusive parents

I'm 17 years old living in Texas. I don't know what to do anymore. I want to give up 100%. It seems like no matter what I do or say my parents are never satisfied. I've been to a behavioral hospital three times this year and anything that needs to change according to the psychiatrist and/or therapist I had there, has yet to change. They don't even make an effort when they say they do. I agree that my mom tries, but does it matter when she still says negative things about me? My dad is a whole other story... I really don't know what to do anymore. I dropped out of high school and I'm almost done with my GED, but my parents won't let me get a job. This is my last time reaching out. I'm giving up slowly.

Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, and sharing some of your story with us. It seems like you are going through a really difficult time right now. We want you to know not to give up there is a lot out there and it may be hard to see when you are feeling this way. Also you mentioned the therapists at the hospital not being able to help you. It sometimes takes a while to find a therapist you can connect with, so you may want to consider to keep searching for the right therapist for you.
    It is great that you are almost done with your GED. It helps to have goal to keep you motivated. Another resource that may be helpful is Nami which is the national alliance for mental illnesses. They can be reached at 1800-950-6264.
    We hope this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck to you!
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X