I want to Runaway but the thing is i stay in an Arab country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to Runaway but the thing is i stay in an Arab country

I want to Runaway but the thing is i stay in an Arab country if i run away can my parents bring me back and if i run also can anyone adopt me i am 19 and am able to work

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/.

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Be safe,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Hi I am 15 years old my parents treat me differently than my siblings they also do other things I want to run away but am scared because I have no where to go and if they find me what they will do I also second guess because of my friends they help me every time my parents are like this O don’t know what to do please help.

Comment

• ccsmod13
        ccsmod13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. You deserve to live somewhere you feel safe and comfortable. It is really unfair of your parents to treat you differently than your siblings. It is understandable this would make you feel like you need to leave home. Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: https://www.childhelplineinternation...pline-network/ .

You know what is best in your situation and what you need to feel safe. Leaving can be a really difficult decision to make and we are here 24/7 to help you figure out your next steps. If you are currently in the United States and you leave without your parents permission, they can file a runaway report. This means that if the police know where you are they will likely return you home. If you need somewhere to go to feel safe and figure out what you would like to do next, you can text "safe" and your current location to 44357 for a safe place to go to.

You mentioned that your friends have been very supportive of you in the past. They sound like a really important support system in your life and can be people to talk to about all of this. You can also talk to a trusted adult in your life like someone at school for additional support and help brainstorming options you would like to explore.

We are here 24/7 to listen and help (1-800-786-2929; 1800runaway.org).

Be safe,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X