No announcement yet.

complicated need help desperate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • complicated need help desperate

    i dont live with either of my parents, i live with my older sister who has legal custody of me, but not full custody. I want to move out because me and my sister do not get along and me and her fiance dont either. Can i get my dad to adopt me? (my mom never put him on the birth certificate)without them knowing??

  • #2
    Reply:Complicated need help desperate

    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

    We are glad you reached out to NRS. It sounds like you would like to have your father legally gain custody of you.
    We understand that your current living situation has become frustrating and probably uncomfortable. This sounds like an option that you and your father might discuss if you have not already.

    At NRS we are not legal experts but we might be able to provide you and your father with legal aid services in your area.
    A change custody sometimes involves a court hearing so getting legal representation might be helpful to your father should he decide on making an attempt to gain custody of you.
    Does that make sense?

    We hope that things work out for you.
    You are welcome to call 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit (live chat) if you would like to speak more about your situation.

    Take Care,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp