My 13 yr old

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 13 yr old

She has run away two times and never wants to listen do chores and even keep her side of agreements to have privileges. she lies and I feel like if I raise my voice or get aggressive or ground her that she might want to run away again. I feel like she takes advantage of my kindness and I'm tired of it. I'm angry I don't know how to handle this. One minute she acts nice and the next minute she's lying with a straight face and want everything to go away but doesn't want to earn a thing.

Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are having a really hard time with your 13 year old child running away, and feeling like you cannot do anything about her behavior for the fear that she will run again. That sounds like such a difficult situation. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support to your family.

Depending on what state you are in, there might be programs for youth who are out of control of their parents, are who are chronic runaways. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at www.1800runaway we can look into your state's law. We can also look for local runaway youth resources that might be able to assist with family services or residential services. We can also talk through your situation and help with brainstorming additional informal options. You can also always reach out if you just need to talk about what you are going through, this situation seems really stressful and it's important to think about your own self-care at this time.

We hope this information is helpful. Please call or chat for those resources or for additional help. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X