My 14 year old daughter doesn’t want to live with me or her dad

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 14 year old daughter doesn’t want to live with me or her dad

Hi there ,
    I have some questions that I desperately need answers. So las summer my daughter of now 14 moved with her father , she was 12 at that time about to turn 13. I was heartbroken but I could not force her to live with me , things got really bad that summer because I wanted her to realize how her dad is but she just threatened me with calling the police on me . So before she did anything I went to the police and told them that she didn’t want to come back with me and they said that she was with her dad that from that point on it was her dad’s responsability.
    So a year has passed and now she doesn’t want to live with her dad neither me. She says she will run away and to please don’t look for her and that she will be fine. I messaged her dad to ask what it’s going on in the house that she is saying all this things and all he says is that she just wants freedom and also that he’s going back to his country and that he doesn’t know where she’s gonna stay because she doesn’t want t leave with him to his country (which is the same country I am and where she was born and raised until the age of . What can I do if she doesn’t want to live with me ? What do I do?

Hello, and thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like there is a lot happening right now and you are concerned about your daughter. From what you wrote, it sounds like you are in a different country and your daughter's father will also soon be out of the country. We here at NRS are not legal experts. We are able to provide folks with resources who are able to help answer legal questions. We typically do this based on city/state. To protect your privacy, and that of your family, it is probably best to not post your city and state on this website in a response. You are more than welcome to call us and we can provide resources for based on where your daughter currently is. If you would like assistance for what your legal rights are in your country, the Child Helpline International (www.childhelplineinternational.org) will be a good place to find resources.

We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button). Please also feel free to pass along our information to your daughter as well. Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X