No announcement yet.

I’m 11 and I want to run away.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m 11 and I want to run away.

My parents are being so nice to my brothers. If I do something wrong they yell at me. When they do something wrong they don’t care. I want to run away , but I’m not sure.

I’m 13 and I want to run away as well. I have a similar experience, except that I am in a verbal abuse situation.
    You think that your parents are showing favoritism towards your brothers, but they are just giving them more positive attention, because I am assuming they are younger. I am sorry that they are yelling at you, it’s the same for me as well. My parents yell at me for absolutely no reason. But If you want to run away, think about it for a bit. Things may change. I am not encouraging you to run away though. It can be very dangerous out there. Trust me I have done it before, but I came back. Oh and if you want, My email is villagerjoeofficial@gmail.com

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are her to help and here to listen. Any type of abuse is unacceptable, and you do not deserve to be treated that way. If you would like you can report the abuse by contacting The Child Helpline at: 1800-422-4453. We know that making these reports can be scary, if you would like our help you can contact us and we can help you. And you are right things can change, keep your head up! If you have ny more questions or would like to discuss your situation more please feel free to give us a call, we are available 24/7. We wish you the best of luck!
      NRS

I don't know if I should runaway. I have been grounded for six years off and on for stupid stuff like forgetting to load the dishwasher and not sweeping the kitchen slowly small stuff builds up and I get grounded for a month. I feel like a month is a little over reactive. I easily get angry so I talk back and say a month is outrageous and start yelling at them. So my mother adds to the punishment and I stormto my room. It goes in an endless cycle and so bad reputation builds so 1 month turns into a year it's no help that my sister thinks it's a comedy. Also when I was 5 my mom and dad divorced. My mom married again. This time she was a lesbian ( I find nothing wrong with that). My step mom at 1st loved me but as the years went on my step mom drew closer to my sister and started treating me like trash and then started treating my mom as trash. She eve admitted my older sister was her favorite to my face. Recently my step mom had a baby and that right now seems like the only thing stopping me from going on the run. On top of all of this we move so much and when we last moved my best friend gave me his email but he accidentally deleted his account and we are out of touch. At my new school I have a crush on this girl and I don't know if that's also holding me back from going on the run. Any help please your possible runaway friend Luke age 12

Comment

Reply:I don't know if I should runaway.

Hi,
      Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline.

It sounds like you are in a tough situation and may be looking for some options to help cope with everything that has been going on.
      Change can be hard.
      We understand how difficult it must have been to speak about how you have been feeling.
      You are very brave for doing so. Good for you.

NRS would like you to know we are here to support you at this difficult time.
      Sometimes having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
      We can best help by phone or chat. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Let us know how we might help, please contact us at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org (live chat).

Take care,
      NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X